Steinberg good synth !!

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

JoPo

Steinberg good synth !!

Post by JoPo »

This is absolutely totally amazing, incredible..!
I'm a cubase user.. I know that in cubase, there is several vsti but I never use them because I've been alays disapointed by them. But I was looking for some pad sounds and one of them is called "padshop", so I tried it. And it's a very good, easy granular synth ! And with the pro version (which costs 10€ for the ones who already have the non pro version), you can import your own sound files.

Really a good one, simple but very efficient and perfect for pad, atmosphere or drone sounds ! I advise anyone to try it ! :) And for sound designer : import your soundfile and granularize it !

I never miss a reason to say bad things about Steinberg but sometimes, one must say when good things are happening. And the 8.5.20 update, at least (!!!) fixes the most boring bugs ! Waow ! Did Steinberg understood it's good to have new feature but even better when old ones work ! :roll: I hope so...
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
ronnie

Re: Steinberg good synth !!

Post by ronnie »

The Halion Sonic 2 is also supposed to be good, with a deep subtractive analog type synth engine in it. Too bad the upgrade from Hyper Sonic 2 is not available anymore or I would consider it. Sadly, Padshop doesn't seem to be available outside of being bundled with Cubase.
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Halion Sonic looks like Kontakt and I'm very happy with, even if there is some possible improvments.. And now, I use also the fantastic Falcon... The instrument is absolutely excellent but UVI policy sucks...! It's a pity, but, anyway, the instrument worth it !!

I see that Halion is compatible with Kontakt format, that is very good (and what misses Falcon) but I see also that it won't load scripts !! That means it won't load any great sample libraries such as Scarbee or Sample Modeling ! And it certainly means it can load only home made simple sample bank ! Scarbee basses are my food...

But the Padshop pro seems to be avaible for non cubase users (80€ !) here :
http://www.steinberg.net/en/shop/buy_pr ... p_pro.html

Even for 80€, it's worth it !
Last edited by JoPo on Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Old Scope programmer made some cool synths for Steinberg.
If it sounds good it might be one of his.
He sure made our stuff sound good years before a VST synth was condisered usable.
Made Solaris sound great too....
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Aah ! If I had a lot of money, I would buy a Solaris ! For sure ! But that's totaly science-fiction, right now ! :roll:
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

I always tell the same argument: You cannot judge a synth without a musical context, it is always a wrong equation if you do so. In my experience, Steinberg instruments, even if they sound lame out of the box, have been extremely useful and I have used them in many, many releases and professional music grounds. They seem to be too simple, but when you use then in the right context, they are really appropriate and easy to use. My two cents.
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
faxinadu

Post by faxinadu »

hehe i saw 10e was already looking for my wallet... for 80e i will stick with sampletank family for now. but yeah, looks good this one
Scope, Android, Web, PC Plugins and Sounds:
http://www.oceanswift.net
Music
https://faxinadu.bandcamp.com/
braincell

Post by braincell »

Padshop Pro is good. I got it when it was only $10.
Halion doesn't sound as good as VSL so I never use Halion except for quick experiments. Maybe the samples are short and looped or a low sample rate, I don't know but I'm not happy with the halion samples that come with Cubase. One interesting note, if you render drum samples from NI Battery 4 and put them into Steinberg Groove Agent SE4, it sounds way better. I love Groove Agent SE4 and use it as my main tool for samples. With a 16 touchpad device, while looking at the screen, it's easy to remember where all the samples are, versus samples on a keyboard where I can't remember where they are. That is a major benefit.

Also I highly recommend getting a second monitor when using Cubase. A cheap $99 Chinese TV even.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

braincell wrote:Padshop Pro is good. I got it when it was only $10.
Also I highly recommend getting a second monitor when using Cubase. A cheap $99 Chinese TV even.
Padshop pro is still 10$ for Cubase owner.

2 screens is the minimum... Especially with daw + Scope.. I'm planing to get a 3° screen at least as big as the addition of the 2 firsts !
braincell

Post by braincell »

JoPo wrote:
braincell wrote:Padshop Pro is good. I got it when it was only $10.
Padshop pro is still 10$ for Cubase owner.

2 screens is the minimum... Especially with daw + Scope.. I'm planing to get a 3° screen at least as big as the addition of the 2 firsts !

I bet most people don't even know that. It's more fun with your own samples in it. I like it as an effect, not so granular as to make the sound unrecognizable from the original. Well worth the $10.