Sample Modeling Flute

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

braincell

Re: Sample Modeling Flute

Post by braincell »

kensuguro wrote: I'm using EWI USB as is. I think the resistance on it is okay. Maybe too much resistance since it's really easy to max out its breath range.
Way too much resistance. The Yamaha is much better also more expensive than Akai USB and much less durable than the Akai models.

I think I will try using a variable sustain pedal (with spring) rather than breath. That solves that problem.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Pygmy Audio Farms wrote:
JoPo wrote: I'm curious to know how the breath sensor works mecanicaly inside the device...
I'd come to the same conclusions about its workings, there seems to be a good few ways to capture/read air pressure/flow with microchips, from a mousewheel with a propeller to those working in a similar way to a police breathalyser. I remember reading the first edition of the tec controller suffered from a collection of spit in the breathing tube, this problem fixed now in its latest version. Many of the current breath controllers use piezoresistive pressure sensing.

Synthtopia has a round-up of videos describing the use of breath controllers and the different types

Tec - "breath controller facts"

How to use a breath controller

Building a breath controller

Make an arduino breath controller

Breath controller for synths

Interesting video links in the responses to building a breath controller with max/msp

I'd be interested in anything you find out
Oh ! Thanks for all those links ! I didn't notice your post ! :) Very interesting, indeed !
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
David

Post by David »

I forget about these acoustic modeled instruments by Harm Visser, don't know why as they are very good and it's a large library for the price.
Approximate reading time: 1 minute