Testing 6 x UAD 2 Octo DSP cards in 1 system

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

garyb

Re: Testing 6 x UAD 2 Octo DSP cards in 1 system

Post by garyb »

if you don't like gear, you would.
if you like gear, it's just more gear.
Marco

Post by Marco »

:D its a tutorial how to burn your money.
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
Marco

Post by Marco »

UAD has a very good Marketing Strategy. Instead oder sonic core, sleeping on there Loorbeeren. No xite at thomann.de No exite at Musikmesse No exite at Anaheim No exite at superbooth.

Why wait until next century? Go out, your much better than UAD
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
astroman

Post by astroman »

at least they are 'different'... (the classic Scope stuff I'm familiar with...)
recently heard an example with and without some new UAD 'tape emulation', couldn't tell any difference
(well, it was kinda shit in/shit out anyway - or maybe I'm getting deaf)

if code on a DSP sounds every bit like code on a general purpose CPU it's just a waste of resources
DSPs are expensive and can only be used for that one moment of audio processing
with Scope there's few choice: this 'fat', yet well defined sound in the low mids is only available on this very DSP system

regarding efficiency:
I use an iConnect interface with synchronous double-host feature (up to 10 stereo pairs between 2 USB ports)
for example: run DIVA on a notebook and have it live in your main DAW as a virtual stream... or whatever
it even integrates Scope via midi and 2 analog ports
all for the price tag of just a regular 4-in / 6-out interface, really smart...

cheers, Tom
Marco

Post by Marco »

Being familar with it! Thats the most important, to get most out of your Equipment. Both is professionel stuff, No mater if uad or scope, YOU must know your Equipment and what is possible and what possiblities offers to you.
UAD tries to copy old vintage machines, okay nothing new, really not. But people really believe they get the same on dsp. And they have the Illusion, you pay a lot, you get a lot. For me the scope is the more honest thing, because there stuff is professionel and you go your way with it.