Sample Tank 3 Full Version for FREE 'til Tuesday

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

ronnie

Sample Tank 3 Full Version for FREE 'til Tuesday

Post by ronnie »

I just took advantage of this promo which is ending on May 31.

"Now you can get the full version of SampleTank 3, the ultimate sound and groove workstation, for FREE thanks to our Fully Loaded Workstation promotion! From now until May 31, 2016, when you purchase an iRig Keys, an iRig Pads or an iRig MIDI 2 from an authorized IK retailer or from the IK online store, you’ll get the full version of SampleTank 3, a $/€349.99 value."

The IK devices are pretty good. I already had an iRig Keys 37 PRO, which I use on my LG Phone to play the Android IK Piano and Rhodes wherever I want, bus, bathroom, bed, office. I got those pianos free when I got the keyboard for like $59 on a IK promo about 6 months ago. It's plastic but has 37 full size clickety keys but when playing sounds it doesn't feel bad at all. It has some nice preset and controller features for what it is and takes sustain and expression pedals and has full size separate mod and pitch wheels.

Now they're giving away the full ST3 ($279 - $349) with it, so I bought another one for $79 bucks (to leave at the office :wink: ).

I downloaded it (huge at 33GB) and it's actually pretty good. It's not a sampler with a synth engine that you can really do micro-surgery but it has decent modulation, envelope and filter controls as well as a sick amount of really good effects five at a time for each instrument and another four on the bus. Reminds me of my M1, Motif, Roland and Triton rack romplers and works similar with 16 MIDI slots, multis and combis and surprisingly the ST3 presets sound pretty good. They won't replace a PianoTeq or VB3, etc., but in a mix they're actually pretty damn nice. There are some nice keyswitch, modwheel and velocity ones across the board from guitars to keys and more. Not to CPU heavy either and the samples load pretty quick. It's only a 64bit version, which is ok for me. There are literally thousands of grooves in MIDI and WAVs many of which are played and produced by awesome dudes like Neil Peart, Billy Cobham, Terry Bozzio, Jerry Marotta, John Blackwell and Danny Gottlieb to sessions with producer/engineers such as Ken Scott (Beatles, Bowie, Supetramp, Elton John) to Hugh Padgham (Genesis, Phil Collins, Sting, Police) to Alan Parsons (Pink Floyd, Alan Parsons Project).

It comes with 10 activations so you can do multiple installs without any license/dongle hassles.

If you can use a decent little keyboard, pad controller or USB/iPad/Android MIDI interface for pretty cheap, you may be interested in this deal.

I figured, what the heck, I could always use another little keyboard or pad controller and FREE Rompler, and SampleTank 3 did not disappoint me in the least. Nice bread and butter native Rompler. Maybe even if it wasn't free - but now maybe I can justify the Arturia SynKlavier when they come out with a deal. :wink:
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
garyb

Re: Sample Tank 3 Full Version for FREE 'til Tuesday

Post by garyb »

:)
moved...
vascomusic

Re: Sample Tank 3 Full Version for FREE 'til Tuesday

Post by vascomusic »

Ronnie,

I've sent you a PM..