Steinberg Dorico (Scoring) Finally

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

braincell

Steinberg Dorico (Scoring) Finally

Post by braincell »

I'm excited that the new Steinberg notation program will finally be out at the end of this year. I have tried Sibelius and Finale and was not happy with either of those. This program will be good for me because it automatically prevents mistakes thus importing midi should work a whole lot better. The competitors create pretty much garbage from imported midi which makes me a laughing stock and likely to be ignored as not a serious, trained composer. Yahama/Steinberg invested years and a lot of money on this. It was created by disgruntled founding engineers of Sibelius after AVID bought Sibelius and disrespected them. Revenge is sweet! I expect this will replace Sibelius as the number #1 notation program eventually.

https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/dorico.html
dante

Re: Steinberg Dorico (Scoring) Finally

Post by dante »

Not integrated into Cubase ?

So - if you have a library of some 100 tracks that you want to publish and score - you now have to:
a) Paying for another software
b) The tedious task of exporting countless tracks from Cubase to MIDI for import into Dorico.

I won't be paying for that, where I would pay say $200 more for a Cubase Score edition where you can do all from one.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Mmmm, it seems to be a real step up compared to Finale, (I hope it is), which I considered the very best so far in my opinion. What I like in Dorico is the conversion possibilities, which seems to be very reliable. This is much to say already, because of such complex algorithms to achieve it, particularly the rhythmic side of things. I hope it simplifies the lecture of the lines, because the output for Jazz and related rhythms, used to be very difficult to read, and you had to fix most of the syncopations, because they would be unreadable.
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
dawman

Post by dawman »

Doritos........

My favorite.
braincell

Post by braincell »

The big thing about it for me is that it has an artificial intelligence. Sibelius and Finale require you to know what you are doing, also I like that you can make music with no bar lines. The Halion Library is a big step up from what Finale & Sibelius have for hearing your music. Most people prefer Sibelius over Finale. I have tried both and I prefered Sibelius but neither program felt like mature products to me. I attribute their popularity to the fact that there is no real competition. Some people like MuseScore which is free. As far as I can tell, being free is the only advantage.

I'm sure there will be a lite entry level version eventually as Cubase does and WaveLab. Sibelius & Finale also have junior versions.

I am happy they didn't go with a subscription only service as Adobe does.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

dawman wrote:Doritos........

My favorite.
In Spanish it sounds cooler than in English, look:

Los Doritos son mis favoritos... :lol:
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
braincell

Post by braincell »

Nestor wrote:
dawman wrote:Doritos........

My favorite.
In Spanish it sounds cooler than in English, look:

Los Doritos son mis favoritos... :lol:

The Beatles is a stupid name and that didn't hurt sales.
braincell

Post by braincell »

I got an application to be a beta tester. Hope I'm accepted. It's a 6 month beta. If they are smart, they would hand out as many betas as possible.