R.I.P Prince : Another Music Artist legend gone!

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Sounddesigner

R.I.P Prince : Another Music Artist legend gone!

Post by Sounddesigner »

Wow! Prince is dead :o . Such a titan in the music industry. Only 57. The Purple Rain will not come down again :-? . Seems he had been having flu like symptoms for days then they found him dead in his studio. He will be remembered as one of the all time greats and very few have had the impact in the music industry he has. Truly a sad day, seems like all the good artist are leaving us pre-maturely and we're being stuck with the bad ones. Prince did everything from singing, playing multiple instruments, producing, song writing, acting, internet pioneer, label owner, etc. Was a great LIVE Performer and all-aroung music genious!! R.I.P Prince Roger Nelson you will be missed.

Here's a link - https://www.yahoo.com/news/princes-deat ... 45685.html

I doubt anyone truly needs the above link since this news will be all over the internet and TV stations and Radio, like always when such a superstar falls. Many will mourn Prince since he brought so much into our lives.
Last edited by Sounddesigner on Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nestor

Re: R.I.P Prince : Another Music Artist legend gone!

Post by Nestor »

Most people don't know he was a great bass player too.
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
hubird

Post by hubird »

R.I.P.
dante

Post by dante »

Nestor wrote:Most people don't know he was a great bass player too.
Makes sense - it shows in all the funky style bass riffs he came up with.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Nestor wrote:Most people don't know he was a great bass player too.
Also a great piano player and great electric guitar player, etc , pretty much any instrument you put in front of him he could play well. That's one of the things that made him special; that is he can play pretty much anything. Today's Music Artists use Autotune and only know to compose with sample drum loops and samples -instruments-libraries, but old-school Prince was a true singer/song writer/Musician/dancer/etc. He'd be on stage singing, dancing and playing instruments together live in a great way, a true virtuoso. He had true talent that's rare. It's rare to see a artist that's multi-talented as well as being great at it. He played all 27 instruments on his first album and often performed all instruments parts on his songs and others songs.

Many people are'nt aware of all the hit songs he wrote for other singers such as "Nothing compares to you" for Sinead O'connor - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZCiHsIfrOg ;
and "Manic Monday" for The Bangles - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsmVgoXDq2w ;
as well as songs written and instruments played for 'The Time'; 'Vanity 6'; 'Sheena Easton'; etc. VERY few people that come into this world are that gifted and that complete as a artist, you could probably count them all on only one hand. He was truly a rare musical genious like very few others that came on a blue-moon. Once more people realize all that he accomplished in the Music Industry a even deeper appreciation and respect will be gained for him and more people will be aware of just how great of a talent this world has just lost. They don't makem like that anymore.

EDITED