New Ibanez Bassguitar

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Nestor

New Ibanez Bassguitar

Post by Nestor »

This are amazing basses for the price. I am surprised at how good these kind of Ibanez instruments have become! Every year they seem to learn from the best manufacturers around, and because they are so big, they can offer incredible prices for a VERY good instrument. It really makes it difficiult to think about something like Fodera or Alembic nowadays. They are better basses, yes, but not that much better, and the price differences are enormous. I honestly think it is no longer worth to pay those premium prices. A bass like this one with a good amp unit and a good pedal too, can do anything you need to:

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/eb_pag ... color=CL01

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/control ... ico-_-toEN

Here's what Ibanez say about the SRSC805:
The SR series has long been the core model in the Ibanez Electric Bass lineup with it's storied history and high regard within the global bass community. Ibanez is now proud to introduce the latest chapter of the ongoing SR history, the SR "Cerro". The first SR to feature a single-cut body design. The exotic poplar burl top with mahogany wings and Purpleheart fretboard truly emphasize the beauty and the rich tonal character of this bass.

The SR5 5pc Maple/Purpleheart neck-thru is strong and stable, and its single-cut construction reinforces the neck even more. The beautifully curved back side of the body and lower deep cutaway promises comfortable playability, even at the upper frets. 18mm string spacing is favorable for many playing styles, especially slap bass. The new Mono-rail V allows for a wider intonation adjustment range and each isolated bridge are securely locked down to the body for maximum vibration transfer without interference. The Bartolini MK1 Pickups are split-coil designed and provide a very wide frequency range and enhanced definition for maximum accuracy. The Neck and Bridge pickups have equal response, like traditional single coil pickups, but without the hum and noise.

The Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band eq with an EQ bypass switch & mid frequency switch allow for precise tonal control. When the EQ is bypassed, the treble control now becomes a global tone control for the passive circuit. Don't miss your chance to play the latest chapter in SR history, the SR "Cerro"!

Specifications

SRSC5 5pc Maple/Purpleheart neck-through
Poplar Burl top/Mahogany wing body
Medium frets
Bartolini® MK-1 pickups
Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band eq w/Eq bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot) & Mid frequency switch
Mono-rail V bridge (18mm string spacing)
Purpleheart fretboard w/Avalon Oval inlay
SRFF5 for Fanned 5pc Jatoba/Bubinga neck
901.7mm/35.5” scale at 5th string, 864.0mm/34.0” scale at 1st

I did not tryed them personally, but I have heard them and they sound AMAZING!!! :)

http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_srsc805 ... _cerro.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWBeSSuBqU
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
astroman

Re: New Ibanez Bassguitar

Post by astroman »

yeah, that's your sound, Nestor... isn't it ? :wink:
instrument makers have a hard time today... (I mean manufacturing...)

cheers, Tom
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Sure for the sound ... And the Black Stained look is excellent !
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Yes, I like them very much!

They look great and they certainly are great. If you get to the top of the line, they really shine...

In a few easy explainable points, I’ll tell you why:

Extremely easy to play, very fast neck; I would even say that many Ibanez basses around this line and those in between probably have the best bass necks of the market, it is not only me, thousands of bass players agree with that one. Perfect or almost perfect tuning and stability once the instrument is tuned. Great pickups, not the best, but very detail and versatile. Very good electronics, neither the best, but very clean and reliable, hot if you need to, very good EQs with an extended range in between for you to achieve many different colors, deepness and in some cases, achieving interesting changes in timbre, which is not easy to achieve in most bases. I mean, you can easily change your tone in terms of EQ, but changing the timbre requires a capable EQ and a very smart placement of the pickups too, they have achieved all this. This last one point gives you the possibility to play an instrument that can adapt to many more styles of music, from the typical bass line we most of the time play, to the most sophisticated soloing.

Obviously, they have “taken” from Fodera, many ideas about the sound, this is obvious. Well, they have achieved it.
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*