Are You Ready For VR?

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

braincell

Are You Ready For VR?

Post by braincell »

We about to embark on a new era of computing. I bought a "VR ready" graphics card just for this. The HTC Vive is better than the Oculus Rift because you can actually walk around in the virtual world. In the Oculus and Vive demos, people remark at how fun and intuitive 3D painting is. The paintings don't look great to me but I can appreciate "fun" and this software is very beta. The thing is, you could use VR for making music. They have painting demos because graphics ALWAYS get more PR than audio does. The main actors in a movie get the top billing, not the composer. No doubt, pro audio apps for VR will be more expensive and much further down the road. I'm excited at the prospects. For most, this would amount to a performance tool with a large projector for the audience. It would probably have an element of dance combined with light show/ high tech fireworks and all kinds of 3D animation. It could equally be at home in the studio with magnificent large virtual consoles and new skeuomorphs of exotic instruments never seen by man. The future seems very exciting.
JoPo

Re: Are You Ready For VR?

Post by JoPo »

:o !!! I don't undestand nada !!! :o Give us some link !
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
braincell

Re: Are You Ready For VR?

Post by braincell »