Plugiator users?

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

the19thbear

Plugiator users?

Post by the19thbear »

Hi. Any plugiator users here? I know they had a bad beginning, but it seems like most of the bugs were ironed out after a while.
Im thinking about getting one (mostly for the prodyssy clone). I have a midi controller with tons of knobs so i could assign stuff to the plugiator.
I have owned 2 different ASBs in the past. (Minimax and pro12). Though they were great sounding boxes, they both had problems with note stealing and midi notes hanging. Im thinking that the plugiator is like the soniccore/creamware plugins and wont have the ASB problems, but work great, like the plugins did. Im also guessing a used plugiator is cheap these days. I dont know if i can use the vst editor on win 10/osx el capitan, but its not a huge thing, since i plan on assiging controllers to most knobs.

Any insights etc?
dawman

Re: Plugiator users?

Post by dawman »

I will try and track down Axel from Germany on FBook.
He had all sorts of issues with one when they were new but figured things out I think.
Check back.
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

Yo da man jimmy!:)
dawman

Post by dawman »

Might be a few days as I don't FB much and neither does he, but we chat off and on still.

Cheerz
meyersaxel

Post by meyersaxel »

dawman wrote:I will try and track down Axel from Germany on FBook.
He had all sorts of issues with one when they were new but figured things out I think.
Check back.
Here I am ... :D
...I'm sorry because I still have it but do not use the Plugiator anymore. It actually was nice to get a look on the CREAMWARE/ SONIC CORE ASB-instruments' capabilities but not for a livesetting that I normally perform in. To be honest - the Plugiator does not sound half as fat as the ASB do... I own three of them - the MINIMAX, the PRO 12 and the B-4000 and I normally use one at a time on stage. Mostly the MINIMAX or the B-4000.

The most important thing is the editing of patches. I don't like playing Organ - on stage - without using the drawbars anymore. I think even a Hammond-Clone requires drawbars, Overdrive, Leslie and the possibility to change it down from Full-registration to on 16'-Drawbar.

On the other hand it depends on what you want to do with it. The plugiator might do a good job in a studio-setting but I'm not a studio-guy... :) So I never used the plugiator in a studio...

Best regards
Axel
dawman

Post by dawman »

Hey buddy you had better get the HX-3 Module for your Hammond Stuff.
Have you heard it yet....?

Incredible MIDI controlling module that smokes everything else made...no shit.

I played a real B3 for years lost it when management repossessed the trucks, motor home and gear.
This module is incredible and has balls and cock like the real thing.

ANyway thanks for checking in....

Smokey/19th Bear....where are you.....?
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

Thanks axel and Jimmy!
It's for studio use only.

My only "Mehhh" thing about the plugiator is that I want knobs for everything. I have a midi controller with 40 something knobs (and 16 buttons) but the prodessey has over 60 knobs/switches. But maybe I could lay out the ones I really use. I think I'll mainly be using the minimax and the prodessey.
The thing I don't like about the Asb boxes is the buggy midi and note stealing. I have owned the minimax and the pro12. Sound wise great boxes but there was note stealing and note hanging very often when playing midi from a daw and doing midi controller stuff on top. It's a known problem. My impression is that this is not a problem with the plugiator, and that the prodessey ringmod problem has been fixed.

What doesn't sound as good to your ears? Is it the DA conversion? the plugiator and the creamware/ASB boxes should be the exact same versions/sound as far as i know.
Would you be interested in selling it? (if it has the prodessey plugin). I live in Denmark, and from what i understand, you live in Germany so it shouldnt be too big a problem with shipping. You can always Pmail me, or send me an email at the19thbear AT gmail dot com if you want to discuss selling it:)

So great that both of you took the time to show up here:)!

Thanks again Jimmy! Its been a while but once every other month i check in at planetz just to see whats going on. Dont use scope anymore sadly.
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

Axel?:)

Jimmy if Axel doesnt come back here on planetz, could you please send me his contact info?
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

Hello?:)
dawman

Post by dawman »

Check pm...
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

Yo da man again and again!
meyersaxel

Post by meyersaxel »

the19thbear wrote:Axel?:)

Jimmy if Axel doesnt come back here on planetz, could you please send me his contact info?
Hi 19thbear,

I'm sorry that I did not answer but I did not think that there where many questions about the plugiator anymore... :)

Maybe it's possible to sell it because I do not really use it anymore. I will think about it (and in the future I will take more looks at this forum... sorry sorry sorry.... :) )

You are right - I live in Germany [Northern Germany but a lot of km. away from Denmark].

Best Regards
Axel