There it comes, the huge visitor I was waiting for

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Nestor

There it comes, the huge visitor I was waiting for

Post by Nestor »

It was true thousands of years ago, and it is true today:

https://www.caltech.edu/news/caltech-re ... anet-49523
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
ShogunSpy

Re: There it comes, the huge visitor I was waiting for

Post by ShogunSpy »

There were rumors for years about Planet X so it's true !
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

My science aficionados experience teaches me to be very careful with fresh scientist news : 98% of them are discreetly refuted 2 or 3 weeks later...
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Don’t worry, :) this planet has been known for decades already, so there is nothing to prove really. The rest is a matter of time.

BTW: I think it will be much bigger than what they are telling us now.
hubird

Post by hubird »

It's existence is theoretical, as it's is only demonstrated by lateral measurements of anti-aligned eclipses of other objects at the extreme borders of our solar system.
It's too far away in our solar system and too small to reflect enough light to bee seen by us.
The prove is a so-called indirect provement.

Sometimes predictions come true, only science can offer prove. Till counterpart is proven.

Indirect prove can also be prove.

Theoretical prove can be tested by experiments (gravitational vibrations are in the news today).
The researchers in the link talk about 'evidence', which is already remarkable.

Wiki:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planets_beyond_Neptune
garyb

Post by garyb »

science doesn't offer proof. reality is proof. science is a method for investigation. science is a way to test proofs.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

I agree ! Science is the state of knowledge at a time and that state evolves with knowledge.

A planet known for decades ?? I've never heard anything about it ! I heard a lot of things about planet X but that one is not supposed to be so far !

About what I read on serious scientist site is like always : that news is an obscur and week hypothesis... We already know there is a lot of bigger objects than Pluton at arround the same distance and certainly biggers too. Science is very very very often about breaking some people dreams... Sorry...

The best way to check if that news is very important & serious is to wait 1 or 2 years and search if there will be some fresh info that are not 1 or 2 years old.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

One must not forget that when a scientist sends a big news like that to media, he gets a lot of money for his research organization. And that 's why 98% of scientist new are not what they claim.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Gravitational waves are confirmed ! That is a very great news, less spectacular than a 9° planet but much more important for univers way of life understanding... Lengths are changing constantly ! :o
hubird

Post by hubird »

We can even start thinking of looking back through the cosmological 'dark ages' performed after the big bang (first 300.000 years), impossible with electro-magnetical waves.
The prove of the waves is a mega thing 8)
Within 2 decaden they will creatie a supermega detection interferometer huilt with satalites providing 'arms' of a million km length, improving the depth of looking immensely.
hubird

Post by hubird »

garyb wrote:science doesn't offer proof. reality is proof. science is a method for investigation. science is a way to test proofs.
that's why I said:
[...] only science can offer prove. Till counterpart is proven.
That's what makes science so good.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

garyb wrote:science doesn't offer proof. reality is proof.
Exactly, that is why waiting for a little more time it is worth it, as we all will see that this planet is absolutely real.

Jopo brother, not all discoveries are send to the mainstream, not at all. You know what they let you know. Sometimes, nevertheless, for special reasons, there may be someone who knows something others don’t, a scientist for instance, and then we have the chance to know what the media does not tell you is really going on. I have been speaking about this planet here in the Z for at least about 7 years ago or more. And yes, there is a group of scientists that know about this already. They have been following this planet for several decades.
garyb

Post by garyb »

if there's mention on the internet, it's in the mainstream.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

No, it is not in the internet for the moment, at least, not what some scientists and astronomers know. I guess that with time it will end up here too. This matter is going to become more and more important to all of us as this new planet gets closer to our earth.
garyb

Post by garyb »

if there's a big planet heading here, just put your head between your thighs and hold your breath. it'll be over soon. i'm going about my business... :)
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

There are many considerations to it, this is a game changer in a wide range of areas, worldwide. Yes, we can resist the idea, it’s more than natural and I did too, but there is more to it than just being dead or alive. I think this will make people think about the meaning of life itself. We are in a too materialistic world right now, over the top I would say, and this will make us all think about the basic principles again, and this is something good coming out of something bad.
hubird

Post by hubird »

01-21-2016, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/seth-shos ... 45614.html

quote:
"Some folks, seduced by apocalyptic visions, will say that this work supports claims that have been made for decades that a malevolent planet named Nibiru is prowling the solar system and will (soon) sail by Earth, causing tsunamis, earthquakes, and scenes of destruction hitherto envisioned only by Industrial Light and Magic.

Well, forget that. Planet 9, if it's really out there, will never come closer to Earth than about 20 billion miles, a distance 40 times farther than Jupiter. And, as you may readily note, Jupiter -- although heavier and closer -- is not messing with your gusto-grabbing lifestyle".

I feel safe :lol:
garyb

Post by garyb »

you don't know any better than anyone else. :)
hubird

Post by hubird »

nor do you :)
garyb wrote:if there's a big planet heading here, just put your head between your thighs and hold your breath. it'll be over soon. i'm going about my business... :)
garyb

Post by garyb »

so?

what does my knowledge or lack of it have to do with what you do or say on this matter? i might make statements, but i'm not acting like i know...