Vit D of the studio bound

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

With 70 as a benchmark is your vitamin D level...

High
No votes
Normal
50%
Low
50%

Total votes: 2

David

Vit D of the studio bound

Post by David »

As I spend a fair chunk of the days in the studio or otherwise not outside, thought I'd follow current vogue and check the old Vitamin D levels. Not unsuprisingly these were consistently low with a high of 35 during the summer months, I'm told this should be near 70, which got me wondering what the general norm is here at the Z. I make the assumption we are all at our Scope regardless of whether we live in sunny climes or on frozen tundra. Not a serious study but one more of curiosity if you don't mind participating.
What's your Vitamin D level?

Next week, calcium, magnesium and iron....
(never give a gypsy calcium)
Mr Arkadin

Re: Vit D of the studio bound

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Without taking a blood test how would one go about measuring vitamin D levels?

Anyway, I take vitamin D3 supplements to compensate for lack of sun.

On a side note, in the UK the official guidelines for children was to smother them in protective sun cream to protect them from the sun and we apparently now have a generation of children who are vitamin D deficient.
tlaskows

Re: Vit D of the studio bound

Post by tlaskows »

I really have no idea. I feel fine. Last bloodwork they did they took like 6 big vials, so they probably checked everything. I just cannot seem to shake off this cold. The weather is changing rapidly from day to day.

Honestly though, I've taken all kinds of vitamins and supplements and they didn't make a difference for me at all. But everyone is different.

-Tom