TC Electronic and TC Helicon acquired by Behringer owner

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Sounddesigner

TC Electronic and TC Helicon acquired by Behringer owner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Looks like Behringer just bought TC Group wich includes TC Electronics and TC Helicon. Maybe we can now get some of those TC reverbs at a good price now :) . TC Electronics prices are insane to me and I suspect are what lead to Powercore's demise (as well as not willing to put their better algorithms on that platform, all speculation of course). Hopefully those prices will come down now that Behringer is at the helm. I'm not a Behringer fan due to a Monitor of theirs I bought wich sounded really good but didn't last long and stopped working after normal use that was short-term, and a lot of the user reviews I read afterwards stated the same problem, but this new acquisition could prove to be good.

Here's the link - http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/ ... ner-620555

EDITED
iSiStOy

Re: TC Electronic and TC Helicon acquired by Behringer owner

Post by iSiStOy »

Interesting to know.
Strangely, I feel as horrified as when Creative bought E-Mu back in the days? Can someone give me some warmth or everyone is just trying to not be cynical these days?
E: sorry, I am a bit emotive, my Xite-1 went back to life with a new computer, just a few days ago and I am back in truth telling myself: what am I using my time for?

Now to participate a bit (:]) , prices may go down, but this is far from being quality guarantees for future "brand" stuff, imho...
stonberg

Post by stonberg »

Setting up shop in China:

http://www.music-group.com/news.aspx
garyb

Post by garyb »

as i keep saying, people need to appreciate the unusual and the special things made by maniacs who just love audio. nothing lasts forever, but good gear seems to make a run at it.

these things are disappearing for homogenized greatest hits versions that are cool and cheap and even darned useful, but not special. they also are disposable.

:)
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

stonberg wrote:Setting up shop in China:

http://www.music-group.com/news.aspx
I suppose that's a natural move from Behringer. Looks like they have a fairly huge manufacturing plant in China with around 10,000 workers. I'm sure these are sad times for TC loyal customers (I know I'd be saddened and furious). Even sadder for the music industry if this type situation starts happening more and more.
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

Geez, glad I got rid of my PowerCore. I'll just keep on rocking 45 cores hard on Scope PCI...

-Tom
dawman

Post by dawman »

Behringer FX suck major Butt Crack.
Their X32 sounds great as long as you don't turn up an AUX.
Which is why we use a pair of TC Electronics Fireworx.
Best hardware ADAT FX unit out there.
I have bought them all and settled with these.

Used they go for 400 bucks and trust me the XITE-1 STM Mixers loves these in their AUX's.

Berhinger is going to always have cheap consumer junk, but he really does try and hit the market sweet spot with pricier well designed hardware mixers like the X32 line.
Just use Scope FX and TC Fireworx and you'll be fine.

Oh FWIW The reverse reverb into a reverse delay is just sick........
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Good news for some! TC Electronic has ported VSS3 Reverb to Native platform and it looks like it's about to be released. Since VSS3 is about to be Native I'm sure the rest of the Powercore plugins will follow. The bad news is the price is very high at $350. I guess Behringer didn't bring the prices down enough, TC still has insane prices. The price might not work in today's Market.

TC Electronics was going to release their plugins for the UAD platform at first but that got cancelled. It probably was cancelled cause they decided to go Native instead wich is smarter. The Powercore plugins were not their most high-end algorithms so I don't believe they needed dsp-copy-protection in this day and age.

I wonder if the Behringer acquisition lead to the Native version since TC stated many times in the past adamantly that they would not go Native. Below is the link to the Native version:

Link: http://www.tcelectronic.com/vss3-native-test-buttons/