Proposal to change the second Z moderator for someone else

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Nestor

Proposal to change the second Z moderator for someone else

Post by Nestor »

Dear fellows, Planet Z friends, I have been kind of a sub-moderator for quite a few years already (rather a cleaner than a moderator I would say), but I am working a lot and I am extremely busy right now and will keep working this way for a long, long time. As a glimpse of what I am saying, I have done 11 songs in 15 days and at the same time, every Saturday, I have to finish one audio book, and again, at the same time, I am preparing an album to be released soon, for sure, before the end of the year. The whole lot amounts to 250 minutes of music, roughly, to be carefully mixed and mastered. I need to concentrate in what I am doing and I would not like to be negligent in caring for you guys. If someone like the kitchen sellersman appears again, :P I will not be able to clean the forum, no time anymore :) Remember him? :roll: I had to clean his messages every day for about a month. This crazy seller did overflow the entire Z with adds in every forum, the only thing he got after that was for us to thing about the possibilities of building a studio inside a kitchen, crazy :lol:

I have been honored to serve you fellows. The little bit I did, I did with love because I love you guys. I thank John for his passion in all these years, even if he is not working anymore with a Scope system (what makes it even more valuable), and of course, for his trust in my simple person to take care of the forum. Thank you my brother, I really like the way you are, thank you for all your kindness and the way you have always treated me, I really appreciate your patience and care.

Next, I propose Gary as a perfect much to the Z to take my place being the second moderator. He is much better than me in many ways, for several reasons I will here tell you:

Because he is all the time around the Z
Because he knows what he is talking about in regard to the Scope Platform and knows how to guide people to solutions
Because he loves helping people
Because he can be cool and moderate like a pro
( This is not a reason per se, but also, because I love Gary very much! :D )

Well, this is, of course, something John has to agree with before the move.

Thank you guys! :wink:

*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
hubird

Re: Proposal to change the second Z moderator for someone el

Post by hubird »

Thank you Nestor, you did a great and often thankless job!
Good luck with your bussy bussiness :)
Would like to hear that mix once, I'm working on a bigger mix project also :)

Garyb is at first glance a most obvious choice, and he would operate wisely, according to your and mine list.
Personally I would like to see him independant of anything (except professionally of S/C of course).
Having two or three hats can be uncomfortable, there are examples of that in Z's history, with ánd without me being involved.
Besides I like Gary's sauced opinions :)
IMHO.
I would prefer Dante.
No showstopper tho :D
dante

Post by dante »

Thanks for the nomination but I'm in a similar position to Nestor regards other responsibilities - eg and wanting more music making time.

Besides, some of my comments are at times a bit irreverent and being a moderator I'd have to curb that a bit :lol:

Mind you if the frigging kitchen nazi came back i might regret not being able to boot him.
garyb

Post by garyb »

i might be willing...
dante

Post by dante »

I'll second Hubirds GaryB nomination then.
hubird

Post by hubird »

typo?

well, it's two to one, not counting Garyb himself, so the proposal looks accepted :P
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

garyb wrote:i might be willing...
Yes, you are willing... :D Glad to hear that :wink:

JoPo

Post by JoPo »

I allow myself to express my opinion... Even if Garyb has a professionnal link with SC, I find him objective. The large majority of people in Z is Scope worshiper, so I don't think anyone else will be more objective...
One can feel he's a guy who use what everyone has between his ears before to open his mouth.

I don't think there is someone who helped more the other than Garyb, here.

And a looOOong beard is the wisdom sign... :D

Bravo, Nestor for all your work on Z and for your busy work outside... Full of music, if I understood well. Longue vie à toi, camarade ! And let us know what's all about...
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
dawman

Post by dawman »

GaryB...

No, you've already sacrificed too much as a politically correct S|C cat.
To have your opinions silenced for the sake of warm and fuzzy political correctness must not be allowed.
There are Sheep worth saving from the "Shepards." :D

Just my 2 cents.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

JoPo wrote: Bravo, Nestor for all your work on Z and for your busy work outside... Full of music, if I understood well. Longue vie à toi, camarade ! And let us know what's all about...

merci mon amie, bonne courage pour toi aussi :)
petal

Post by petal »

I do trust Gary with the job and I wouldn't oppose Gary becomming a moderator, but I think that Dawman has a point.

Gary's professional link to SC might create problems and weird discussions if Gary is also a moderator here.

How do we make sure that Gary's objectivity is not questioned over and over again because of his link to SC?
borg

Post by borg »

Isn't this place quite calm, especially compared to other forums? IMHO, moderating Z, should be about doing the boring stuff (get rid of spammers) and seeing to it that everyone behaves (abuse, foul language, racism, religious fanatism, sexism,...). Therefore I see no reason for a moderator not to express his sentiments towards Sonic Core. I personally may differ sometimes on some views, but I can't recall a single time Gary has crossed a line expressing his views. Freedom of speech, not, at least with the above mentioned obviousities?

Aren't we a bunch of pussies after all? a scratch or a growl once in a while...

edit: added a much needed 'not'
Last edited by borg on Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andy
the lunatics are in the hall
dawman

Post by dawman »

Bring back the global warming thread.
I have pasted Parrot pictures for years.
dante

Post by dante »

petal wrote:I do trust Gary with the job and I wouldn't oppose Gary becomming a moderator, but I think that Dawman has a point.
Gary's professional link to SC might create problems and weird discussions if Gary is also a moderator here.
How do we make sure that Gary's objectivity is not questioned over and over again because of his link to SC?
For the same reason we don't question it now. Gary is the Gary we know. The pleasure of kicking kitchen bandits wont change that.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

dante wrote:
petal wrote:I do trust Gary with the job and I wouldn't oppose Gary becomming a moderator, but I think that Dawman has a point.
For the same reason we don't question it now. Gary is the Gary we know. The pleasure of kicking kitchen bandits wont change that.
:lol:
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Anyway, I woudn't mind one like this, inside my studio, with all sort of beer from all over the world...

dante

Post by dante »

How would you keep your balance after beers in a place like that ? :lol: :lol:
Ripper

Post by Ripper »

Nestor wrote:Anyway, I woudn't mind one like this, inside my studio, with all sort of beer from all over the world...

My wife suffers from balance syndrome. If I "offered" her such a kitchen I would have to be the new chef in the house. (and a new dinning room for sure) Jizzzz. :o

Off topic off:

Garyb would be The Mod. :wink:
valis

Post by valis »

Think I still have admin access to some degree or another, feel free to pm or email me with anything and I'll check in (Garyb or whomever) =]
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

valis wrote:Think I still have admin access to some degree or another, feel free to pm or email me with anything and I'll check in (Garyb or whomever) =]
that's a cool add to Gary's workforce.