Trouble w/ Pigeons

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

ChrisWerner

Trouble w/ Pigeons

Post by ChrisWerner »

The company I work for has trouble with pigeons in their factory halls.

The plant manager had the idea of those ravens rip-off.

Well, I made myself a big head and came to the conclusion that there are three variants that this idea could work out.

1. The pigeons are scared over the ravens and shun the Fly Inn.
2. The pigeons don't dare to fly out of the factory halls and starve away.
3. The pigeons amuse themselves to death.

We'll see...
Attachments
Ravens.zip
Thought HI-Res Pics would be nice...
(5.08 MiB) Downloaded 80 times
garyb

Re: Trouble w/ Pigeons

Post by garyb »

they try fake owls here in the USA.
Neil B

Post by Neil B »

Do what I do when I get pigeons in the garden - sh**t the beggars.
Only works with a head shot though - tough little fellas pigeons are.
I cannot see the purpose of pigeons - they're winged vermin and steal the food meant for the endangered smaller species

Chris - is that the Zugspitze I can see in the background?
garyb

Post by garyb »

:)
actually, that's my solution for the pigeons that tried to take over the eaves of my house. the guano was ruining the beams they sat on. they were also noisy as hell.

i got a Crossman air-soft pistol. it's CO2 powered and uses plastic BBs. it doesn't injure them, but it hurts like hell. after a few weeks of being picked off by plastic bullets, they stopped hanging around permanently...
ASP30TC.jpg
ASP30TC.jpg (11.35 KiB) Viewed 2190 times
dawman

Post by dawman »

Amazing how we haven't seen ads for donations to save Pigeons from cruel treatment.

There's one particular ad where some wealthy Liberal actress has a voice over to save cats and dogs, and just to get those pictures of such sad and tormented beasts, they had to be created by starving some poor dog, then making the video.
Probably 2 days with no food, and a nice smelly cooked Steak inches away from their reach outside of the cage.
And when the tormented animal is at it's saddest they snap the shot.
Politicians are also good at using the rhetoric of saving the little people in the name of human rights, meaning they use your money, not theirs.

186 million USD is what was conned for the Humane Society ads, and only 10% makes it to the shelters, as the redistributors have to pay themselves their fair share, as is in any Crime Family.

When we were kids we got our first puppy from the Humane Society and as a follow up, they sent me and my brothers a letter to reply to, asking how was our puppy......

We said she was delicious.
sharc

Post by sharc »

garyb

Post by garyb »

pigeon YHAfM.gif
pigeon YHAfM.gif (980.03 KiB) Viewed 2155 times
Neil B

Post by Neil B »

Mine's a Crosman 2240 Gary. 6Ibs pressure CO2 - takes the beggars out in .3 Secs at 15 Yards
I love wildlife & nature but those things want wiping off the face of the earth

What annoys me the most when we go to the shooting range is that my wife is a better shot than me!
Attachments
crosman2240.jpg
crosman2240.jpg (6.06 KiB) Viewed 2144 times
garyb

Post by garyb »

yeah, that one hurts more.

now i know why she's "she who must be obeyed"....

:lol:
Neil B

Post by Neil B »

It gets worse: see the last 2 pics.

Anyway - off to the mountains in a few hours. Have a great Christmas everyone and I'll leave you with a picture of what my mother in law does whenever she thinks of me - pic one!
Attachments
neil2.jpg
neil2.jpg (90.92 KiB) Viewed 2112 times
woman and gun.jpg
woman and gun.jpg (20.28 KiB) Viewed 2112 times
premeditated.jpg
premeditated.jpg (40.2 KiB) Viewed 2112 times
garyb

Post by garyb »

see, you need to abuse her a bit more so that she doesn't get any ideas. sit on her, giver her nuggies, punch her thigh(don't bruise her!), drag her around a bit. call it "attention". if she complains, just say, "i"m giving you attention!". all women want attention. it's important to give them a bit of what you give your male friends, or they get contemptuous of the danger involved... :lol:
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

I think in NY people just poison them. That's pretty cruel. I think you can just introduce a predator, like hawks. The hawks might hang around, but at least they're way cooler than pigeons. If the hawks start bothering you, then move up the food chain. Work up 'till you reach a human, at which point all you have to do is fire the guy.
garyb

Post by garyb »

we have hawks here in Long Beach. i guess they keep the pigeon population at 100,000 intead of 1,000,000.... :lol:

pigeons are amazingly prolific and there is plenty for a pigeon to eat in the city.

worse, in Long Beach, the Cambodians who are also plentiful put rice and other food out for the spirits. oh, how the pigeons love spirit food made by Buhddists... :lol:

they really are rats with wings. they're fascinating to watch and they're "god's creatures", but they're also a hazard to humans just like rats, mice, roaches and flies....
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

I think the same of prairie dogs. Except they carry the friggin plague.
wayne

Post by wayne »

Here's a young friend of mine's solution from a college project years ago. Although perhaps in this case music didn't change the world.

If one could adapt a bass guitar so that a pigeon could play it - I know they'd be good at it. For the faster grooves anyways.