Uhe diva

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

petal

Re: Uhe diva

Post by petal »

theres a nice little 4 op fm freebie called fm4 out there - I can't find a link though.
dawman

Post by dawman »

That's a great EPiano FM Brass device.
16 voice polyphony too.

Check Ben Walkers site.
Marco

Post by Marco »

I can not say how much dsp hunger the FM BUNDLE has, because I have 3x15=45 dsp in my PC, and so I Do Not care about it. But in your case with 3 dsp, i would radher buy a yamaha tx802
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

no, I have 45 DSPs.

-Tom
Marco

Post by Marco »

:P :D Better you buy the FM BUNDLE

I tried the fm4 freebee, :evil: was really not made to replace a dx7II, I was disappointed, I though I could save 69€, but I Saved 200, because I didnt buy a tx802 or a real dx7II.

For me the FM BUNDLE was best buy ever in Scope Shop :D
:wink: out and about for music production. Are you still configguring your Studio :lol: music first!
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

anabella wrote::P :D Better you buy the FM BUNDLE

I tried the fm4 freebee, :evil: was really not made to replace a dx7II, I was disappointed, I though I could save 69€, but I Saved 200, because I didnt buy a tx802 or a real dx7II.

For me the FM BUNDLE was best buy ever in Scope Shop :D
DAS FM bundle may be cool for the price, but "f07" doesn´t replace a DX7mk II (or TX802) also.
It´s a 1st generation DX7 at best.

Bud
S|C Scope/XITE-1 & S|C A16U, Scope PCI & CW A16U
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

For me, the very best in the market are these two instruments for fm pianos of all kind (I even prefer them over the originals for many reasons) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOf7UaFiAVs

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpFcWBc-9o

You are covered!
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
Marco

Post by Marco »

These are Samples, its not the FM Generation. Not for me.
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

anabella you missed the point on what nestor was sayin the fm tines are samples yes but they are sampled from an sy99 fm synthesizer they are multilayers so catch all the expressive volume modulations of velocity

the sy99 also allows layers of fm patches 2afm and 4afm as mono or 2afm and 2 amw pcm voices and allows you to add your own samples

this means for e-piano sounds you can add thump pcm and release pcm yto give you the sound of hitted tines

this can be accomplished in modular with sample modules and fm modules and the dx router that roy thines did

but the gui of the uvi interface is very good and even the sy99 you have to load those sounds

gm have sampled all the best types in 1 place so you dont have to search through 1000,s of patches just to find a choice few.

im lucky in that i own the said instrument and its a lovely instrument to play and program as its an advance fm engine 16 start waveforms which on a dx7 you need 2 ops to create any one of them

it also has algo design with sounddiver3 editor you can place the ops in any configuration you like if you want feedback on all ops you can and its also has rcm this allows any pcm to act as modulator this is very expressive.

then you have the pcm engine where you can do vector synthesis like the prophet vs its one of those synths that is fresh all day every day as user pcm and fm you never run out of doing stuff with it
ronnie

Post by ronnie »

It does sound great. Seems quick to get to some really great sounds. On my list for the future!
"I’ve come to the conclusion that synths are like potatoes, they’re no good raw—you’ve got to cook ‘em, and I cooked these sounds for months before I got them to the point where they sounded musical to me." Lyle Mays
Marco

Post by Marco »

Okay, this is indem interessant....! But for me, I. M a purist :wink: I dont want to have everything twice, I already have mine :D
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

I don't have the space for gigabytes of samples. I have an SSD.

My Korg M3 has some good sounds if I really need them.

-Tom
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

So,

I did buy the Das FM Bundle this morning. Haven't tried it out yet, hopefully tonight.

-Tom
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

cool :wink:
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
dawman

Post by dawman »

I love Olive and Eric but those FM Pianos suck.
Mix them with samples so it's not a total loss....

I love the Kontakt FS1R stuff.
Sounds great and no different than the hardware since it's digital to begin with.
Well, the Yammy does have a filter that sounds really good, might be some analog part in there b ut Scope Filters are equally as nice.

But I'm a Piano player from birth, so naturally I am quite sure of what I know that works or not.
Not everybody is as picky as me.
But those Dogs don't Hunt....
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

Yes,

I remember my TX802 sounding a lot more "dynamic" and "responsive".

I think with proper programming this can be fixed. I used to do a lot of FM stuff on a Soundblaster OPL3 chip. But this is a lot more complex...

-Tom
tlaskows

Post by tlaskows »

Haha,

OT warning:

Found a backup CD with all my high school stuff back from around 1996/1997. A lot of Scream Tracker stuff. And Cakewalk 6 projects (SB AWE32 and Yamaha XG). Gotta go to bed, but will see what I can recover...

-Tom
Marco

Post by Marco »

Hi Tom, how is your fm bundle? Still in use or in garbage? Mine is phantastic, but Not very much presets makes me Not satisfied. Now i bought a yamaha fb01 with all its hum and hiss but a fat fat 4 OP fm Sounds and 250 presets built inside. I have a PC Editor, but the presets are good enough. I put that in the scope soundfactory with Filter Effekts and ohters to make it Sound really great. Im happy now.
There are NO presets for the fm bundle, No Support!
darkrezin

Post by darkrezin »

For software 6-op FM try Dexed, it's really good and even has a 12-bit mode. Works as an editor for a hardware DX7/TX7 too.

Roy's DxCwm is great too for wavetables vs FM.
Marco

Post by Marco »

Hey guys, I tried all the shit, but nothing is better than the original. I got a TX802 with its original Sound. NO need to use any pissed simulation. the FM bundle sounds good, but no converter and just a view sounds, so this could be good, but for me it succs. An original dx7II isnt a Minimoog, it is not so expensive but also an original machine.

so have a nice day.

BTW I connected the tx802 to scope an then: FLEISCHWOLF gedreht!....einmal kurbel kurbel and we have fresh meat!

hmmm smells really good! Modular helps a lot