Dear fellows, fortunately, I am… (Earthquake details)

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Nestor

Dear fellows, fortunately, I am… (Earthquake details)

Post by Nestor »

Thank you very much guys for your concern about us. We are well… but there is a lot to be told. I will be writing to you, first hand, what happened and what is happening right now, it seems that it is far from being finished yet… We are in an awfully serious situation. This is BIG!!!

Right now just cleaning and assembling our home again, linking it all up back. Electricity came back this early morning at 02.39, Chile local time, awakening us up with a smile in our faces, because we can communicate again.

We have gone through literally hundreds of replications, some very small, to up to some quite intense of 7 degrees in the Richter scale, which is very bad for the thousand of houses that are already almost smashed to bits… so a little push and they come down to earth.

I have some important things to do right now, one of them, sadly, is to look for three friends of mine which inhabit the central seismic place, where the epicenter of the earthquake was generated, that is to say: the 7th and 8th regions of the country. But I will come back to you with answers.

Thank you again for your affection of always, it is so nice to be part of this beautiful family that Planet Z is!
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
netguyjoel

Re: Dear fellows, fortunately, I am… (Earthquake details)

Post by netguyjoel »

God Bless.....and good luck to you & yours....I hope and pray you find your friends......
Glad to know you are OK!
Joel
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

I really appreciate your good wishes they are so much appreciated right now.

The last thing I’ve got to know is that my friend’s town and street have been severely bitten by the earthquake. Anguish has increased now.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

8.5ª
3.5 minutes in all
7 waves 25 meters high
Seaquake and earthquake together
The largest epicenter ever detected, experts don’t agree, the matter is a complex one

Ken is right, building requirements USE TO BE of a very high quality in Chile, sturdy, but since computer-software-generated came to be the way, problems arise. We are in a 50 years old building with my wife, very sturdy that has practically no damage, but in front of me there is a new building, 2 years old, neighbors cannot longer use their lift as there are many structural damages that spread through it in different ways. What the hell is this? I will tell you, “savings”… Now several of these unconscious constructors will face bankrupt when authorities start their investigations, it is so obvious that we all see already the reason, as I already said, “saving money”.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Nestor......My Brotha' From Anotha' Motha',
I am glad you are OK.
I hope you succeed in your endeavor to contact your friends and loved ones.

Good Luck Hombre........
garyb

Post by garyb »

hey Nestor!
i'm glad you're ok!
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! :)
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

Sad for th QH, happy for Nestor :)
Good luck for your home, family and friends.
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Thank you guys, here we are...

The real scale was in fact 8.8, and not 8.5 as I said before.

In Concepción a family was trapped by the building they live in. Tey building collapsed as if it was a person, coming down onto his own back, if I may say so. Nobody understood what was going on; they completely lost the sense of equilibrium and direction, for several hours.

The father of the family went head down and stayed there for about 35 minutes, without the possibility to move. He felt soft of “water” coming down through his body, and realized it was his own blood from his broken head. There he made a supreme effort and reversed his body, looking for his children.

After a few minutes, he felt somehow better, probably because he was now standing up and blood pressure returned to his veins.

With the help of his wife, he climbed to the other rooms, taking the boy and the girl with him, and then could get out the four of them. Amazing!

In the other hand a house was cut in twice with the strike of water waves, because the second floor was made of wood, lighter, and the first of concrete, very heavy. What is incredible is that the second floor, floating into the tsunami’s waters, was deposited into the neighbor’s house foundation, like building new home. Of course, none of these places are suitable for living anymore, what I am saying that the whole thing just was put exactly on top of the other half.

Many people in holidays where swept by waters into the ocean while being into their cars.

We have been denominated “disaster area”, so there are many things going on through this new schedule.

Unfortunately, to add more suffering to the suffering, there are many people out there WITHOUT A BRAIN, that are stealing and taking dishonest advantage of the situation. There are several trivial groups fighting each other like predators, stealing, killing, forcing people to their ways, so authority had to move the earth military forces into exercise.

Mankind never stops amazing me with its beauty and its stupidity

I don’t still have a response about my friends… I have open possibilities with the authorities, but nothing yet, not a single call.
valis

Post by valis »

Good luck Nestor, you guys have some work ahead of you. I'm glad that you're with us still and sorry for the frustration of not knowing about your friends.
darkrezin

Post by darkrezin »

Wow it really was a big one :( Glad you're ok Nestor, good vibes to you, your family and friends :)
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Thank you for all your support, I will need it in the following couple of days, believe me… If I don’t answer, is not because something has happened, I will be busy looking for my friends… Please! Wish me good luck!
wayne

Post by wayne »

You're in our thoughts here, mate.
Cochise

Post by Cochise »

Good luck Nestor.

I has been wondering about you and your family since the news reported the disaster.
Only speechless staring at the images from your country.
I'm happy to know you and your family are ok and hope your friends are good too.
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

We only want what is best...stay strong...never surrender...... :wink:
your friend....
Joel
Me$$iah

Post by Me$$iah »

Glad you're ok.

I hope it all gets better soon....

Take care and good luck dude.
at0m

Post by at0m »

Glad to hear you're OK. I hope you find your friends and family soon!

Wow, I had just been over the RSS feed seeing "..fortunately..", so I thought you were all clear. But reading your actual post about what happened... I don't think anyone of us, watching the images in the newspapers and on TV, can imagine what it's like to be looking for his beloved ones, having the house destroyed in a blink of an eye...

So I'm wishing you courage and strength, the coming days/weeks/... !
Neil B

Post by Neil B »

So glad you're okay Nestor, regardless of the problems that still remain.
Jan (my wife) & I will keep you on our prayer list.
bosone

Post by bosone »

glad that you're OK
i wish you good luck!
Zer

Post by Zer »

Nothing much to say ecxept from happy rebuilding and take care.
"Heaven is there where hell is and heaven is not on earth!"