Nails in the Coffin

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Me$$iah

Nails in the Coffin

Post by Me$$iah »

Finally, a hint of the truth about 'Climate Change' hits the mainstream media

The Telegraph carried this article. It has, however, been mostly ignored by all the other news outlets. Which is what I'd expect. I think AGW is like the new catholicism and any dissent is usualy dealt with like it a heresy.

Damn ... I hate the liars that spread these lies.
garyb

Re: Nails in the Coffin

Post by garyb »

yep, i heard about this and it's something i've been saying for a long time. it's not that i'm smart or anything, there's just been plenty of this kind of thing around for those who wanted to see it...
Me$$iah

Post by Me$$iah »

indeed.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

There is so much wrong with the way 'climate change' is being sold to us.

First our (UK) government go on about global warming. Then it emerges that it may actually be getting colder. Suddenly the new soundbite is 'climate change'. Talk about covering your backs. Which is it guys? Hotter or colder? I thought you had all the experts.

Oh and all the experts are government sponsored. And if you want to do a paper on tree frogs forget it. If you want to do that same paper about the effects of climate change on tree frogs: here's your cash.

Also anyone with dissent on the subject is called a climate change denier - firstly negating any debate and secondly tying it to the phrase Holocaust denier: you are not allowed any other opinion on this.

We get nice soundbites that I now hear people using in everyday speech as if they know what it means, carbon footprint, carbon neutral (ooh, if a plant a tree and use lightbulbs with mercury in I can fly to Spain for my holidays).

Channel 4 had to apologise for a documentary they made because it was anti-climate change. Whatever happened to political balance which broadcasters are supposed to adhere to?

And now this - the 'sexing up' of climate change. After the 'sexing up' of the 45 minute WMD document which took us to Iraq are we surprised? Shame the media didn't pick up on it though (wonder why that is?:roll:).
Last edited by Mr Arkadin on Mon May 14, 2012 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

I'll just add, regarding the "neglected by other media" bit it, this story has atleast been published in every major Norwegian newspaper.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
dbmac

Post by dbmac »

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

next to nothing wrote:I'll just add, regarding the "neglected by other media" bit it, this story has atleast been published in every major Norwegian newspaper.
Oh it's made other newspapers in the UK, but not really high profile - front pages are reserved for the like of Jedward being voted out of X Factor.

As an aside, and this shows the agenda, Labour now want to scrap the teaching of Geography and History and replce them with how to Blogg and how to use Google Earth. Geography and History will be lumped into lessons themed around climate change. Interestingly (like to know what you think gary) Prince Charles has denounced the moves. Is he a rebel in the elite? A loose cannon? Is this why he'll never be King?
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Humans are a strange species hell-bent on being irresponsibly responsible for everything.

There may be hot/cold trends (disappearance of Spring/Fall in some regions), but I'll be hell-bent to have to pay to fix things that aren't fixable - other than letting nature run it's course.

Let's just ignore solar activity, ocean changes (volcanic activity increase), etc.

Greg
garyb

Post by garyb »

dunno about Prince Chuck.
most likely, the family needs someone to take a proper public stance for safety's sake(the motto IS "order out of chaos"). he IS pretty much the family retard, though...i'll bet that the agenda continues forward regardless of what he says, and yeah, it could have something with why he won't be king...i don't think that the chrome is as important as the car...the family may feel that it's important for these things to be demanded by the subjects rather than by decree, which seems to be a common method of operation...
garyb

Post by garyb »

the files(emails) are available here in a zip file.
braincell

Post by braincell »

Think again:

East Antarctica, Long Stable, Is Now Losing Ice

http://www.time.com/time/health/article ... 28,00.html
garyb

Post by garyb »

believe whatever you want.
here's a quote from the article you provided, bc:
Exactly how much isn't clear: the best guess is about 57 billion tons per year, but with a huge uncertainty of plus or minus 52 billion.
not very meaningful(especially since even 57 billion tons of ice is not very much, in Antarctic terms), but a good scary story...
skwawks

Post by skwawks »

they used to have ice fairs on the thames (london) where everyone skated..got smashed and eat from food stalls actually in the middle of the thames in the 19th century I think it was . There is a book by an Aussie geophysicist called "Climate change the missing science"
his name is Ian Plimer and it is highly recommended by me :wink: He does all the usual like mention the doctored atmospheric records by the united nations body whatever it's called , mentions that the pacific islands are actually sinking not being inundated ,south east england is sinking and north west england is rising . He points out that cold times are arid times of great hardship because of all the water being locked up as ice and that warm times have always (within our history anyway) been times of human expansion and wealth generation due to food being easily produced thereby generating spare time to do things like invent shit and generally diddle around having a look see at things . He calls the tropical diseases that are being used to scare us diseases of poverty not temperature .i.e. in essex england where I was born ,the thames estuary in medieval times was a bad place to live because of the Ague (malaria) and it wasn't overly warm as they were in the middle of the last little ice age which disappeared at the beginning of the 20th century coincidentally the same time we started getting warmer :lol:
In roman times the romans were growing grapevines and citrus fruits in England ,roman times were the previous warm period to our one . Re carbon dioxide any active volano pumps out more carbon dioxide and methane than anything else and that also applies to underwater volcanoes of which there are thousands active across the globe as we speak.
Yep I'm most definitely a human driven climate change sceptic , I think hdcc is commensurate with thinking the earth is the centre of the solar system and that we are capable off huge scale intervention in systems to the point of tipping the balance when I think we are more like a pimple on a bulls bum. There is no geological record of any tipping point ever despite the fact that we have got much hotter much faster in the past and that also carbon dioxide levels haven't born much relevance to those changes and that there has also always been a wide variation in temperatures in the the north and south hemispheres (arctic/antarctic). Also that temperature recording stations have been concentrated in urban as opposed to rural areas in the last few years and so they are recording temperatures in the middle of urban heat bubbles .
BTW if you have ever flown across siberia or the ozzie outback you'll know that there is plenty of room for improvement in those VAST areas climactically speaking and no one knows what is ACTUALLY going to happen . Computers..... bullshit in = bullshit out
Paul
wayne

Post by wayne »

Hey Skwawks, nice post!

And it explains Shakespeare's naming of "Sir Andrew Aguecheek" in Twelfth Night as well :)
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

I know for sure that I don't want to have to be penalized for emitting too much carbon when I'm not.
I don't want them to turn my car into a rental car (being charged by the mile), being told when/where to drive, and what to drive.
I want tax incentives to adopt so-called alternatives.
Sure, I want corps to stop cutting down the rainforest to put McDonalds' beef there so that we get addicted to crappy fattening food that just makes us sick, dumbed-down automatons that become more and more reliant on Mommy government to give us addictive pharmaceuticals so that we can become more and more addicted to crap that does us no good.
I Do want Japan and Denmark to stop killing whales and dolphins (shortest food cycle on the planet - whale/photo-plankton/phyto-plankton).
But f* 'em if they blame me and make me pay 'cap and trade' fees that will do NOTHING to effect climate change, do NOTHING to effect volcanic and solar activity, do NOTHING to effect meteor impacts, etc.
Meanwhile Albert Gore gets to be the first 'green billionaire'. That F*er needs to send ME a check dammit.

G
skwawks

Post by skwawks »

sorry that book by Ian Plimer is called "Heaven and Earth ,cimate change the missing science ". I just saw it negatively mentioned by some twat writing in the guardian re how old people (like me ) are over represented in the sceptic camp because we're all so scared of dying that we cant bare anything that reminds us of it . I can think of another reason to be a sceptic right now if thats the level of piffle they're willing to trot out . I tend to think that what happened was most of us wrinklies at some stage had an overexposure to teenagers and the survivors amoungst us developed incredible and infallible bullshit detectors :roll:
Paul
valis

Post by valis »

garyb

Post by garyb »

to simplify, they destroyed the raw data so that it can't be peer reviewed and then called those wishing to do the scientifically required review "deniers" and "apologists". the only data available was data that had been "adjusted", which is useless, because it makes it impossible to check the math.

now, more admitted faked data is coming out of Australia.
skwawks

Post by skwawks »

and now the scare campaign of the nineties that the ozone hole was growing and that everyone in the southern hemisphere was going to die of uv exposure has been turned into " we expexct that the change in use of hydroflourocarbons will shortly close the ozone hole and that this will contribute to the antarctic warming " .
Meanwhile everybody is going to have a lovely time in Copenhagen staying in the very best hotels and having lovely little talks with their peers and beautiful lunch/dinner/ drinkies in the name of saving us from ourselves and banging out some new taxes .sheeesh
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

better to be proactive and cut carcinogenic phloros and other nasties from our environment anyways
better to suck up all the trash that's caught in the giant cesspool floating in the ocean near Hawaii and proactively recycle as much as possible.
better to proactively switch my car over to running on trash or hemp, and use sifters to catch the diesel exhaust.

Better for me to do a lot of things and just tell the nannies to leave me alone. Sooner or later the inadvertently brainwashed, dumbed down, jaded public will catch on - especially if you can make money saving the environment rather than be taxed and penalized into submission.

We're not children, and big globalist-run governments are not my daddy.

G