Spectrasonics announce Atmosphere replacement

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Neil B

Spectrasonics announce Atmosphere replacement

Post by Neil B »

Nestor

Post by Nestor »

WOW! This is one of the best synth in existence, no doubt. Fantastic... Thanks
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
braincell

Post by braincell »

New "STEAM Engine" Technology doubles as a carpet cleaner.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Actually I passed on Atmosphere, as I thought I could make better pads myself.

But this sounds to be something which would probably include some of his old spectacular sample libraries, and a very sexy GUI to boot.

I will be watching, but September 15th, 2008. Hell I might have be dead by then. :D
dawman

Post by dawman »

I think since EP had such a great sucess w/ Atno, that Omni was a logical way of taking a preset rider following, and making them work a little harder.

By the time they get through w/ this next rendition, they could be ready for Scope !! :lol:
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

I think is going to be a complex piece of software. Don’t expect a wavetable with some oscillators like his mother was… oh no… this is going to be a BIG step beyond the rest of Spectrasonics works.

I think the “morphing” capabilities are the key to the future success of this baby :wink:
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
Zer

Post by Zer »

"Heaven is there where hell is and heaven is not on earth!"
bgarlow

Post by bgarlow »

I stopped by the booth for a couple of demos of this at NAMM. Herbie Hancock came by and jammed on the "burning piano" patch for a while. It's pretty sick.
Neil B

Post by Neil B »

Teaser 2 is up on the Spectrasonics website

http://www.spectrasonics.net/omnisphere_teaser/
astroman

Post by astroman »

it will be a huge success... :D
the 120% solution for the preset s*cker who pretends to be a creative soul :P

ROTFL, Tom
braincell

Post by braincell »

It could be used for good or evil. I think it's overpriced. Software should not cost as much as a guitar. I would buy this if I was rich though. I probably have enough crap already.
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

While I think the product is nice, that teaser marketing hype stuff is pissing me off. :lol:

I mean the interviews sounds like a fake at all. :roll:

blabla incredible....
best synth ever.... mindblowing.... crazy...
and so on...

Atmosphere was more or less a big sample pack?
Very good sound but nothing groundbraking IMO

Where is the innovation?
astroman

Post by astroman »

well, it's all that overproduced supa-sh*t that makes me enjoy stuff like this recently
admittedly, I have mixed emotions about it.... maybe Miss Winehouse is faking it for business sake, maybe it's a part of her life and she just doesn't care...

But this is music in it's most simple and emotional form and it touched me, something I can only confirm for very very few current releases.
Listening to those raw sounds is a true relief from tons of Spectrasonics like ear candy - which is...
... the best piano, the best padsound, the best strings, the smoothest reverb ever and the deepest bass plus the most snappy snare and punchiest kick, it's big, big, biggg... :o *vomit*

yesterday I made a different setup for my bass as I want to get rid of the ME50B preamp/fx pedal (it's pretty good tho)
I rediscovered an old ampsim from Ingo Raven, used the stock compressor in front of it and added a bit of A100 (30%) ambience to the channel - all in Scope
Really nice sound... well, maybe I don't need the Jazzbass then (me thinks to spare a grand and a bit...)
Went to the store this afternoon to 'cross-check', plugged the plank in, all dials flat... f*ck, it made that sound right out of the box, effortless....
it was about a very simple sound, but it's that sound you feel when you think 'electric bass' :D

cheers, Tom
pollux

Post by pollux »

astroman wrote:yesterday I made a different setup for my bass as I want to get rid of the ME50B preamp/fx pedal (it's pretty good tho)
Did you ever try the ART SGX Nightbass SE?
astroman

Post by astroman »

until 30 seconds ago I didn't even know about it's existence... :D
(pretty mixed up reviews on harmony central - the photo looks complicated...)

off for googling, Tom
pollux

Post by pollux »

astroman wrote:until 30 seconds ago I didn't even know about it's existence... :D
(pretty mixed up reviews on harmony central - the photo looks complicated...)

off for googling, Tom
It's a bit old, but still one of the finest preamps / fx units out there. I own it's guitar sister, the SGX 2000, and can't imagine myself playing without it.

Personally, I find that it respects a lot the sound of the instrument, and the quality of the effects is state of the art... excepting the sampler that holds 1.5 seconds :lol:

There is also a midi foot controller, the X15, with two very good expression pedals.

Today they are quite inexpensive, but not easy to find.

Don't be misguided for the "picture looks complicated". After having a look at the manual, just to get an idea about the effects and parameters you'll find that it's very easy and intuitive to use.
siriusbliss

Re: Spectrasonics announce Atmosphere replacement

Post by siriusbliss »

Neil B wrote:Teaser here:
http://www.spectrasonics.net/omnisphere_teaser/

Details here:
http://www.timespace.com/namm/274/

Looks interesting (?)
The demo at NAMM was actually fairly impressive bordering on mindblowing in it's potential.

There are now videos up on the website.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
Neil B

Post by Neil B »

Teasers 3 & 4 are available now and I found teaser 4 about the arpeggiators really interesting. I think I'll be upgrading Atmosphere!
braincell

Post by braincell »

I will save up to build a new computer. It will cost less and do more. It will benefit my other software not just Scope. If you want to magnify your Scope power, here is a novel idea, convert tracks to audio, duh!

The only people who really need Xite-1 are live performers or people with too much money.

Let's look at what it has:

A selection of digital mixers, more than 50 audio effects, samplers and synthesizers

I have this already

Headphones, 2 x MIC (switchable phantom power), 2 x Hi-Z instrument input

I have this already

Analog In/Out balanced XLR (2 channels), 1 x AES/EBU interface,
2 x ADAT In/Out (16 channels), MIDI In/Out/Thru,
Wordclock In/Out,

I have this already

18 DSP chips:

I have 9 DSP chips already

The cost is about $166 USD per DSP chip in the Xite-1. Look at the cost per DSP chip in the Scope Cards. It is less.

Why am I saying this? I guess it all goes back to Creamware with their promise that development of their radio software was going to benefit us, or that development of the ASB would help the company and thus benefit us and meanwhile the SFP and Creamware cards were almost totally neglected. Users of Creamware and Scope cards will continue to be ignored until a more intelligent group of people buy the company and put the focus on products that we can afford.

I understand the vanity of wanting to make something really great but it seems like the Scope team is more interesting in pleasing themselves, making things that they will use themselves rather than a wider consumer base.

Obviously no research was done about what musicians want and need and no surveys were made before creating this behemoth.
Last edited by braincell on Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

ok. :roll: