Mp3 selling - legal issue on my EP produced in 2003

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

coc999

Mp3 selling - legal issue on my EP produced in 2003

Post by coc999 »

Hello Pz ,

What i describe here below is probably well known or has been experimented by some of you .

In 2003 i have produced with some friends 2 vynil EP's (2000 copies).
All has been sold ,and now looking from time to time on internet i have discovered that the EP has been converted and sold as mp3 at 0.20$ per download .

http://mp3skyline.com/rid-0x4035a-manas ... nload.html

Our production was fully legal with artistic contracts and declared under french SACEM reference CA003/004 etc...blabla , distributed as all other vynils through our friends network.

I do not want to be a nasty anti mp3 guy but what i do not like is that somebody is making money with my work :evil:. Anyway if some of you remember well , i put 3 years ago some of these tracks for free on Pz.
So to me money is not the point.

In your experience is there anyway to make stop this nicely ? because i never gave authorisation to mp3skyline to sold them. (somebody yes ! it could be alkakaida?? :D )
Also do some of you know this site ?

If there is a way to make a billion dollar by attacking this site please inform how ? i'll give 10% to you , 10% to PZ forum , 10% to me and 70 % to an organisation like
"PZ for worldwide peace through scope knowledge"

All the best to you all .

CoC
MD69

Post by MD69 »

Hi,

Show the evidence to your SACEM agent. They will sue the site!

Cheers

Michel
astroman

Post by astroman »

really sorry to read Coc, but obviously you're not alone...
http://i.coopr8.net/forum/topic/show?id ... ic%3A16159

cheers, Tom
braincell

Post by braincell »

This is bad. I just found a band which is on the small label I am on there.
coc999

Post by coc999 »

Astro reading the link you put , no chance to stop them ...
but I'll just keep inform the Sacem .
cheers :)

CoC
darkrezin

Post by darkrezin »

Just a little note about these 'pay-warez' sites - often they will generate 'dummy' search results that match what you put in, to get you to pay up and give your cc details... but in reality there's nothing there... I'm not sure if this is the case for MP3 pay-sites but anyone stupid enough to pay for obviously illegal MP3s and warez deserves everything they get IMHO...
wolf

Post by wolf »

Hi coc999,

this website is there since quite a long time & known to the industry.
The problem is, it's a russian site with a lawyer sitting somewhere in England as only contact. Afaik, their "bussiness" model is to acquire the rights as soon as someone wants to buy a song. So from their view of point they don't need to get the right to sell before they actually sell. Of course this reasoning is rubbish ...

Tell your label about it, but dump your hope to get this resolved soon .. if at all.

cheers,
Wolfgang