Pro-one analog

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Immanuel

Pro-one analog

Post by Immanuel »

Hi everyone

I found this on another message board:
"http://messageboard.tapeop.com/viewtopic.php?t=42573

It is a pro-one going for 1000$, and it is sold by a moderator, who has somewhat of a name to loose I think. So I guess this gives added security.

Oh, by the way ... they have a topic on mixing in the box. I suggested, that a box is not just a box, and that some people ie like Creamware boxes more than Cubase boxes (not that I have any personal experience with comparing, though). So far noone answered that one though.
http://messageboard.tapeop.com/viewtopic.php?t=42547
darkrezin

Post by darkrezin »

Rather expensive IMHO..
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

darkrezin wrote:Rather expensive IMHO..
Not in view of the price Minimoogs and MS-20's go for.
Zer

Post by Zer »

So far a Klangbox is about 199 € those days.
"Heaven is there where hell is and heaven is not on earth!"
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

It comes with a Pro-One manual worth at least $40 & a hard case which is probably worth $80-100, so the price of the synth is only really about $860 or so, which isn't bad if it's really in pristine shape. It's good to have synths shipped in a hard case imo.

btw, make sure it's a j-wire model if you go for it immanuel !!!
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

I am not going for it. I just put it out here, because maybe someone around here still has the analog crawing. Thanks for the tip anyway though.
bgarlow

Post by bgarlow »

Seems a little pricy to me. I caught analog fever about a year ago, and ended up with a Pro-One and a Prophet 600. The Pro-One sounds killer, for about 5 minutes then it drifts out of tune. It does make some great tortured cow sounds if you press down on the flimsy plastic front panel. The Prophet 600 can only be played via MIDI because the keyboard has 20 years of cat fur and Doritos (not mine) jammed under the keys.

Thankfully, the Good Mr. Bowen has the cure: Pro-Wave :D
bgarlow

Post by bgarlow »

Seems a little pricy to me. I caught analog fever about a year ago, and ended up with a Pro-One and a Prophet 600. The Pro-One sounds killer, for about 5 minutes then it drifts out of tune. It does make some great tortured cow sounds if you press down on the flimsy plastic front panel. The Prophet 600 can only be played via MIDI because the keyboard has 20 years of cat fur and Doritos (not mine) jammed under the keys.

Thankfully, the Good Mr. Bowen has the cure: Pro-Wave :D
dawman

Post by dawman »

Yes It Is As Solaris, Truly Divine w/ RD II Modules, especially the Waldorf Oscillators II Pairs.
Was doing a soundcheck @ my upcoming gig yesterday. The FOH " engineer " was all over my rig asking questions. He pretended to know what Pro Wave was. Yeah these are your basic union stagehands, that won't touch your rig unless it has casters, they have it made. But suffer from having to mix lounge acts in between shows. That has to hurt.
Our last FOH ' engineer ' had Dyslexia and forewarned the group. Eveyone was in a panic. I send out stereo when I can't use my rorary cabinets, so I just gave him a 20 spot, and told him tp put me in channel 11. No Problemo.

I agree w/ fellow Pulsarians. if you really need the warmth it gives, get it. In the studio you will hear a difference in your synths, but live I still use them and mix the sounds w/ Bowen synths. Analog for all monophonic material, SFP 4 polyphonic stuff. This is the way to go on stage for sure. But I must admit my Matrix12/ XPander combo is quite noticable when recording. It will always live on in the virtual world that has consumed so many of us.

Strength And Honor,
ScofieldKid

Post by ScofieldKid »

I really like the Dave Smith Evolver Keyboard. (Yes, I own one.)

So if you are jones-ing for a more current piece of gear with some of the pieces from the past, there is that. Sort of puts the prices of the Pro One there in perspective as well...

http://www.audiomidi.com/Evolver-Keyboa ... P7963.aspx
King of Snake

Post by King of Snake »

My roommate has a Pro-One but it's in pretty bad shape. I borrowed it off him for a bit to test it against the scope plugin but the real one was spewing out so much hum and noise that it was impossible to do any kind of comparison. Aside from that I was kinda surprised at how lightweight and flimsy it felt (my nord rack feels much more solid). I'm sure it would be nice to have on that is in good condition but this particular machine had me running back to my scope plugins pretty quickly :D
astroman

Post by astroman »

possibly, but I'd almost die for those mushroom etchings on the circuit board...
so stylish, so superflous, so special :D
but analog stuff needs care when aging...

cheers, Tom