Use Audio inDSP No Response - Plugiator Tips MIDI OX

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

samriccijr

Use Audio inDSP No Response - Plugiator Tips MIDI OX

Post by samriccijr »

Hi all this is my first post to the Scope Board!

I just purchased a second hand Plugiator with all of the plugins installed. I was able to authorize the factory plugins (Minimax, B4000, Lightwave) under Windows 10 and I can still use the other plug ins (yeah). I got the voucher for the extra plugins but not the authorization keys :(. I get the "Invalid HW Serial Number HWSN" error...

Emails to Use Audio and inDSP go unanswered with no response. If Use-Audio is still out there please help me to register and I would be happy to re-purchase the keys for the rest of the plug ins.

In the meantime, and before the Plugiator re-boots, here are some tips and patches for using the Pro-12.

1: The Pro-12 VSTi plug in works under Windows 10 on my laptop. I only installed the VSTi plug in, the Pro-12 and SAVI host not Plug-in Manager). The VSTIi asks for the plug in on the very first launch and then correctly runs it. I cannot change from Pro-12 to any other program using SAVI Host.

My Desktop Windows 10 machine (which has Plug In Manager installed) loads only the Minimax VSTi (the first one I installed) and no other ones. This might be the Shell.dll or a registry setting.

I found it most stable to run only the host program and to connect a MIDI controller to the Plugiator's MIDI In . I sometimes get stuck notes but a push of the Plugiator's panic button stops that.

2: The Pro-12 panel for Liine Lemur works nicely. Connect the iPad or iPhone to USB and a controller to MIDI in. IOS recognizes the Plugiator!

3: I noticed that the programs and presets are CC and NRPNS. I archived the Pro-12's factory programs Using MIDI OX. Set the ports to Plugiator, Open the View...MIDI status window, clear status, and use the Numeric Knob to select your programs one at a time. The CC settings are displayed. Right click and "Save Snapshot" or File "Save Snapshot". Name it Pro-12 010 Synth Brass... Sometimes I got a sustain loop that is fixed by the panic button. It is best to remove your controller before you archive.

4: Attached are the Pro-12 programs in MIDI OX format. The others are coming. I hope this helps!

Sam in NJ USA
sunmachine

Re: Use Audio inDSP No Response - Plugiator Tips MIDI OX

Post by sunmachine »

Hi and welcome!

Please try the email address that was posted here: http://forums.scopeusers.com/viewtopic. ... 87#p306987
Hopefully that one still works!
bhaymes

Post by bhaymes »

Hi...New member here
Old thread I know...but...
Just bought a new old stock Plugiator...luckily I have an old laptop running OSX Leopard and everything works seamlessly. Great machine!!
Lightwave is very under-rated and powerful ( and B4000...just has weak presets)
I would love to unlock the Vocodizer, but of course there is no-one to register the machine with.
Would anyone know how to generate a Vocodizer key with Hardware serial number ??
Thanks in advance for any ideas....also like to communicate with other users of this beast
garyb

Post by garyb »

unfortunately, you can't generate keys.

an older Scope card would be much more useful, although not as powerful. the Plugiator plugins are the same devices as the Scope ones. when Creamware went out of business, the technology was sold to SonicCore, who continued to update Scope. SonicCore was started by the former head of Creamware software development along with the former head of Creamware Hardware development(who went on the start Ferrofish). the former Creamware owner started Use|Audio(and InDSP).
bhaymes

Post by bhaymes »

Thanks for the ideas...will look into your leads
garyb

Post by garyb »

sorry, multiple cards are much more powerful and the cards are generally more powerful, they aren't as convenient used as a synth, as a dedicated hardware box is.
chiptraxxx

Post by chiptraxxx »

Same problem here :) anyone know how to contact Frank the guy from Use Audio, he might be able to make new keys for the Plugiator?
DragonSF

Post by DragonSF »

use this address for starters:
http://makeproaudio.com/
chiptraxxx

Post by chiptraxxx »

DragonSF wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:53 am use this address for starters:
http://makeproaudio.com/
Thank you :-)
Hypersonix

Post by Hypersonix »

Did you get any response from Rahul over at Indsp? I don’t even know if he is still there?

rahul "at" use-audio (dot) com
Fvzz

Post by Fvzz »

EDITED
Plugiator files are abandonware at this point, since Use Audio’s website went offline in 2017. I uploaded the files that came with my unit including the PC plugin manager (didn't bother with the mac OS file since it's broken on Sierra) pil files, manuals and MIDI implementation sheets. I don't think it's possible to remove plugins from the plugiator once they are installed, but it's very annoying to be forced to input the product keys on the PC manager every time I upgrade or switch to a new computer. I have no idea if my product keys would work for anyone else but here they are:
PRODYSSEY M9367HR5FE48
PRO12 MD3LGXCK5E77
FMAGIA 74HL4XT94T6D
VOCODIZER LKHM7XEG78Y
DRUMSNBASS ADHTFXTKY22H
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Last edited by Fvzz on Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PLUGIATOR FAN: pil files, manuals, PC manager, MIDI implementation:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... UWAJpN4R8X
Product keys: PRODYSSEY M9367HR5FE48 PRO12 MD3LGXCK5E77 FMAGIA 74HL4XT94T6D DRUMSNBASS ADHTFXTKY22H
Fvzz

Post by Fvzz »

I laid out some MIDI implementation sheets for the pro12, prodyssey, Drumsnbass and Fmagia which were omitted from the plugiator manual. I'm mapping Fmagia to the Novation SL37 so I made a drawing of all the CC parameter assigns, Images can be downloaded on this Imgur album:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Last edited by Fvzz on Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Product keys: PRODYSSEY M9367HR5FE48 PRO12 MD3LGXCK5E77 FMAGIA 74HL4XT94T6D DRUMSNBASS ADHTFXTKY22H
garyb

Post by garyb »

the history is mostly correct, however Holger and Juergen were never Creamware owners. they were just the heads of the software and hardware development teams, respectively. when they rescued Scope, they had no longer been employed by Creamware for some time, since the first insolvency.

SonicCore did not "go ballistic" when the plugiator was released. because of the agreement when SonicCore got the rights to the Scope technology, Frank was perfectly within his rights to make the Plugiator. inDSP disappeared, because Frank was done with it, not because of litigation from SonicCore. the only time that SC "went ballistic" was in the beginning when Frank was selling Scope v4.5 keys. there was no issue with the Plugiator or its price.
cortone

Post by cortone »

Thanks for all of the info. I'm not an owner myself but I hope they are useful to others who are.

I appreciate your willingness to learn about the history and present it correctly too.

Cheers!
Last edited by cortone on Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fvzz

Post by Fvzz »

EDITED
Last edited by Fvzz on Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garyb

Post by garyb »

actually, Ferrofish was formed after Juergen left SonicCore. the ASB boxes are actually his design to begin with. the B400+ ASB was released by Ferrofish, but it was not based on inDSP's box. in fact, it's the other way around.

the ASB and Klangboxes had quite a bit to do with the second insolvency on Creamware's part. the Noah was the cause of the first.
valis

Post by valis »

That's too bad that Noah had such a negative impact on their bottom line. I remember a few linux based boxes that were intended to run Waves and other associated native plugins at the time which were competitors in the marketplace to Noah to some degree, which also disappeared from the market within a few years.

This is unfortunate because Waves & Digi both ultimately wound up using technologies for their Live consoles that draw exactly from this direction in the market, the move to creating outboard boxes that integrated what we had 'hosted' (whether on SHARC/Motorola DSPs or native) in our boxes at the time, and so benefited from this part of the evolution with the tools. Yet the noah and other competitors mentioned above are essentially the 'missing link' portion that didn't survive.

Thanks for your insight Gary.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Fvzz wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:06 am
Thanks for the correction, I'll edit the post ASAP.
Honestly bubba, no offense but why don't you just delete the entire post. Most of us on this forum have been here long enough to remember what actually went down so you can skip the history lesson please.
Welcome to the forum btw 8)
Fvzz

Post by Fvzz »

yayajohn wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:58 pm
Fvzz wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:06 am
Thanks for the correction, I'll edit the post ASAP.
Honestly bubba, no offense but why don't you just delete the entire post. Most of us on this forum have been here long enough to remember what actually went down so you can skip the history lesson please.
Welcome to the forum btw 8)
DONE
garyb

Post by garyb »

well, the history wasn't completely incorrect.
in any case, it's great that you love the plugiator! the rest of Scope is equally good or better.... :wink: