External (Master) Effect for *ALL* sources/destinations!!!

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

ernest@303.nu

Post by ernest@303.nu »

I like the External (Master) Effect module: just insert it anywhere (in a mixer, for example), and use any free analogue, s/pdif, ASIO, ADAT or S-MUX source/destination pair for external effects. Lots of fun integrating my old external effects units or analogue synths into the STM1632! :smile:

But....

Why can't I just use *any* free audio source/destination in the Scope environment for the External Effect Module, but just the ones mentioned above? I'd be great if I'd be able to integrate the Modular into an insert slot.... or the I/O of another Pulsar mixer.... or the Vocodizer.... etc.... creativity galore!

So my final question is: can anyone make such a module? It's been my wet Creamware-dream since day one.....

In the meantime, I'll be trying to make a workaround by shortcutting the ADAT B in/out (I only use ADAT A) with an optic fibre as soon as I get another one, if this works loads of new routing possibilities come alive, by connecting Creamware-devices to the ADAT B-connectors and using the free ADAT B-connections in the External Effect module

I'll let you know if this works

[edit]reformulated some things to clearify matters[/edit]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ernest@303.nu on 2003-01-07 16:31 ]</font>