Patchbay

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

Krabat

Post by Krabat »

I'm after a simple audio/midi patchbay, so that I can store and change connections by presets. That would be much quicker then storing a whole project.

Any ideas?
Regards, Gunnar
at0m

Post by at0m »

Have a look for j9k's Matrix, in Devices forum.
Krabat

Post by Krabat »

So I have to buy a mod2, right? Before I do that, anyone who can send me a screenshot of it?

Thanks, Gunnar
at0m

Post by at0m »

Krabat

Post by Krabat »

Oh yes, thanx, I thought you meant the j9k m2 matrix v6, well, a bit oversized to my needs, but I think it will work. Is there a similar module for midi?

Regards, Gunnar
at0m

Post by at0m »

Not as far as I know. There's MIDI Mergers that do the job well for me, look in 'MIDI' from SFP's dropdown menu's in Routing View.
Krabat

Post by Krabat »

I know about that one. But then i have to do the routing in the main window again. That takes a long time (mostly because there's a graphical 'bug': You have to click a litte beneath the connector...)

Another Question: Is there any way to get more ins and outs (both midi and audio) in the modular? What about vers. 2 and 3? If so, I could create a patchpay inside the modular...

Regards, Gunnar
at0m

Post by at0m »

There's an 8x8 modular, Ingo made it. Search it in... Devices forum. I used it for the 4-band stereo matrix w inserts in the Modular Devices forum.
Krabat

Post by Krabat »

Thanks, I'll have a closer look at it.

Regards, Gunnar
j9k

Post by j9k »

i might have a switch version 16x16 done in a few days with some interesting features.

i'm still testing the preset list. :sad:

j9k
at0m

Post by at0m »

That`s nice, j9k!

I think I got an idea of how boring making the preset lists is. Been doing loads of .xml editing for the Cubase SX remote, which is 20-30 pages of text and numbers. After a while they start dancing in front of your eyes, it drives one mad. Courage, j9k!
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio