i'd need a very strange MIDI device...

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

bosone

Post by bosone »

I have a guitar synth, Roland GR1. when you use it in "guitar synth mode" (so you can edit the sounds and you don't use just the default tones) it acts like a monophonic synth on 6 channel. imagine you are playing the guitar: every string transmit on a different channel (1..6 for example) and every channel is a monophonic synth.
what i'd like to do is to play the GR-1 also with keyboard.. but i need a device that, for every note i play, it switches the transmitted channel through the 6 available...
a bit tricky to explain, but it should work as this:

you will play a scale: C D E F G A B with the keyboard, and all the notes are tranmitted into channel 1 (keyboard out channel). the pulsar device must, in real time, transmit the note to the followig channels:
C -> channel 1
D -> channel 2
E -> channel 3
F -> channel 4
G -> channel 5
A -> channel 6
B -> channel 1 again a cylce of 6 channels

in this way i can play my GR-1 with 6 notes polyphone
can someone do such a device?
for me it would be VERY useful...
thanks
j9k

Post by j9k »

you might have better luck with a ztar.

http://www.starrlabs.com

it's a dedicated guitar midi controller.

j9k
bosone

Post by bosone »

i already own a midi guitar with rolank gk2 pickup.
i "just" want to be able to use the guitar synth as a "normal" polyphonic expander with my sequencer.
thanks anyway!
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

this would also be a good thing for my VG-8 i would like to play on the keyboard and have a seperate synth voice input to each channel. i have allready made an adapter box to input to vg-8