Sweet Midi Sync

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

at0m

Post by at0m »

I'd like to see sequencers and LFO's to recognise Start/Stop/Continue/Song Select.

Imagine. You like your Phaser LFO to be at it's most positive depth right at the break in your song, together with the filtersweep on another track. How do you create a phase offset between the phaser's and ie. pitch LFO? How can I use a square LFO to create a pattern inside the song? The different LFO's in a project, even if set to same LFO rate, don't run in phase. When do those LFO's begin at O° phase? When you load them first?

How about sequencers? I know I should be moderate with these, cos they're quite young on our platform.

http://www.borg.com/~jglatt/tech/midispec.htm
the bottom of the L/H site menu, Midi Start/stop/Continue/Song Select explanation, looked quite interesting. I posted some about sync in here.
King of Snake

Post by King of Snake »

I think that at least all the fx which include some sort of lfo operation (phasers, flangers, filters etc) should be midi-syncable, just like that delays.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: King of Snake on 2002-09-02 20:08 ]</font>
at0m

Post by at0m »

:smile: Sync, yes, but also retrigger ie. LFO from 'x=0' upon reception of a Midi Start message. So even mono fx should have a phase offset to that, like many stereo fx now have a L/R phase offset knob.

I'll explain a little more. In Cubase SX for example, there's a Step Seq. Controlled Filter, which actually runs the steps like they were written in the sequencer. I've thrown a guitar thru the filter, and I want the sweep to go in a certain pattern in respect to the guitar and the rest of the song. This is a very usefull option. Start/Stop/Continue should be recognised by the LFO's. Would be Super. :cool: