Drawable Waveforms

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

Retro

Post by Retro »

My needs are simple: I want a device that will allow me to draw waveforms and/or harmonic profiles with a mouse to form a wavesource for a synth. Amiga owners might recall a program called Sonics. It was incredibly primitive by today's standards, but at least it allowed you to draw your own waveform in addition to the usual tri/sin/saw/sqr/noise shapes. Imagine being able to draw 8 of them and combine them in an additive context. Gotta be some interesting possibilities there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Retro on 2002-08-12 06:35 ]</font>
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

I like this idea. Have you played much with the Creamware Vectron?
Retro

Post by Retro »

I've played with the Vectron Player, but I don't have the full Vectron (my Scope is only the SRB version). I might have to investigate further and see if it's worth purchasing. Certainly sounds like it has good potential.
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

If you use Samplitude, you can do it. Then you just record it with a sampler and put it into the mod2.

Immanuel
Information for new readers: A forum member named Braincell is known for spreading lies and malicious information without even knowing the basics of, what he is talking about. If noone responds to him, it is because he is ignored.
David

Post by David »

Hi, here is a link to a related request that I made earlier this year. It has some interesting replys. Lets hope that this device/module gets built :smile:

http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... 97&forum=5

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Marlin Spike on 2002-08-24 18:50 ]</font>
garyb

Post by garyb »

In works of labour, or of skill, I would be busy, too;
For Satan finds some mischief still for idle hands to do.
Issac Watts (1674-1748)

he should know......
Retro

Post by Retro »

On 2002-08-24 18:49, Marlin Spike wrote:
Hi, here is a link to a related request that I made earlier this year. It has some interesting replys. Lets hope that this device/module gets built :smile:
Thanks for the link Marlin, there are some very interesting ideas in that thread. I'm glad you brought up the 3D idea too. At first I thought it might be too much effort for little gain, but now that I think about it, the guy who wrote the 3D waveform routines for the Fairlight did a fantastic job with just a 6800 and 16K of memory! Surely it wouldn't be too much of a challenge for a Sharc programmer these days.

I guess the Vectron is the closest we can get in the meantime.

Makes me wanna take up programming... If only I had the time :roll: