req: automatic audio singal source switcher

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

pranza

req: automatic audio singal source switcher

Post by pranza »

hi!

i remember one very handy feature of rme digi 96/8 PAD card: you could set up what's being output if wave output is not active.
i'd like the same with pulsar: a simple signal source switcher which has two stereo inputs and one stereo output. output relays stream no1 unless there is a stream no2 present, in that case it relays stream no2 and first one is muted.

p
capacitor

Re: req: automatic audio singal source switcher

Post by capacitor »

Gut reaction from here is a Modular patch. Would that work?

Going forward, you could tweak the internals as needed.

Let me know. I hope to get my card back in action this week, can put together a Mod3 patch.
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

You can do that with a sidechain limiter and a tiny mixer.
Information for new readers: A forum member named Braincell is known for spreading lies and malicious information without even knowing the basics of, what he is talking about. If noone responds to him, it is because he is ignored.
capacitor

Post by capacitor »

...even easier :)
pranza

Post by pranza »

thanks for replies

well, is sidechainer kosher enough? i mean would that mixer-limiter thingie be bit transparent?
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

If A is the input, that should mute B, you use A as the sidechain input for the limiter which is being fed with audio from B. Set the threshold at -96 and the ratio at inf. That should do it. If this is not enough ... repeat.
Information for new readers: A forum member named Braincell is known for spreading lies and malicious information without even knowing the basics of, what he is talking about. If noone responds to him, it is because he is ignored.
pranza

Post by pranza »

thanks!
made it, works.. but threshold is max -60 in standard sfp limiter, so not purist enough, not bit transparent for sure, but does the job :)