Modular insert effect module

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

yayajohn

Modular insert effect module

Post by yayajohn »

I'm looking for a multiple insert effects module with on/off buttons and wetness knobs for each effect. A pop-up to select how many slots shown would be nice too. Maybe some other nifty controls too.
This is for use within ModIV. Perhaps there is a similiar Scope environment device that can be modified to work in modular?
djmicron

Re: Modular insert effect module

Post by djmicron »

you can already build your own effects rack inside the modular, but it's not difficult to develop a modular module like this, but the dynamic slot number is not easy to do.
If you use sub modular shells, you can build your efx chain then recall it for later use.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

well that's what i've been doing with the provided effects insert modules, an effects rack module would take up less screen space and be quicker to swap out effects. I am mostly using modular for this as opposed to the effect racks in the regular scope environment because of the Tape Delay. The sub modular shell sounds neat so maybe I will try that in the mean time. I can do w/o the dynamic slot number thing.
Thanks for the advise DJ.

Dan
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

djmicron wrote:you can already build your own effects rack inside the modular, but it's not difficult to develop a modular module like this, but the dynamic slot number is not easy to do.
If you use sub modular shells, you can build your efx chain then recall it for later use.
Ok I've been looking for a sub modular shell module and can't seem to find any. There was a thread about you making one back in 2006 but there is no download link. Can't find anything on CWM website either.
Can you point me in right direction.
Just to be sure, you are talking about having a modular shell within the modular window? Is that correct?
thanks

Dan
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

Take a look at the BCModular stuff. The CLM module is what you are looking for.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

Excellent! Got it thanks. That should work just fine.
w_ellis

Post by w_ellis »

The CLM-1188R could be great for this (see Wiki). Post your experiences on the BCM Forum as sharc's always looking for people to show example patches.
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

w_ellis wrote:The CLM-1188R could be great for this (see Wiki). Post your experiences on the BCM Forum as sharc's always looking for people to show example patches.

Ok will do.
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

yayajohn wrote:
djmicron wrote:you can already build your own effects rack inside the modular, but it's not difficult to develop a modular module like this, but the dynamic slot number is not easy to do.
Ok I've been looking for a sub modular shell module and can't seem to find any. There was a thread about you making one back in 2006 but there is no download link. Can't find anything on CWM website either.
Can you point me in right direction.
Just to be sure, you are talking about having a modular shell within the modular window? Is that correct?
thanks

Dan
sorry i did miss your reply,
my submodular project wasn't finished, now there's the good bc modular stuff to be used, as suggested 8)
yayajohn

Post by yayajohn »

yesI think i've found what I needed in the BCM modules, specifically the CLM-1188R. While trying to decide how I'm going to map this out, I decided I was going to sit down and learn the BC Module stuff. Slow going with my pea brain but I'll get it eventually.