Bcmodular and stsosc

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

YiannisK

Bcmodular and stsosc

Post by YiannisK »

Can someone make a modular patch with the stsosc so I can load some sts samples?
I am useless when it comes to modular. I tried to figure it out but no luck getting the modules to respond to midi in and trigger the stsosc.

I don't know which stsosc to use what r the differences between stsoscA B C?

Anyways
Love to try this out

Thanks in advance
jhulk

Re: Bcmodular and stsosc

Post by jhulk »

ok

first you need to get some files

now its easier to load the files first into an sts3000 or other sampler

from akai or sf2 files

as when loading direct they dont load correctly in the sts osc but once you have converted the files to the sts format they load properly

as i have been working on the samples with sharc and the sts samplers do a very good conversion compared to some conversion software
as i was having dynamic problems with converted akai programs from my conversion software where all layers played the same full velocity

now the differences are some are stereo versions with filters and vca and envelopes so you could just add that module and some fx and straight out to the outputs

now i asked sharc to do mono versions and also to strip out the filters so that we could add our own

hence the different variations

the stsosc c is the one i use most as it allows my multisample multi layer samples to play as you can create samples instruments with many layers like in the rolands or ensoniq and the sts osc will play it back the same way it was created and output it through its output with all the dynamics and envelope setting contour for each layer

then you can use add what ever modules you want

when i get five minutes ill do a video of how to construct a EII sampler in modular and how to set up the mod rangers and controller through the abs14

i know sharc is doing a patch to go with my samples but i need to reconvert the akai format ones back to sf2 as the sf2 keep the dynamics information and the sts samplers convert it correctly as proved by sharc

but i also uploaded a sf2 bank so you can convert that to sts format for the sample osc
YiannisK

Post by YiannisK »

Wow thanks for the fast reply.
I'd really appreciate a video showing how to connect a simple module setup just for sts samples.

I do have a lot of sts samples that I have converted over the years cause I use the sts5000 a lot.
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

Never used it,
just done a quick test.
Check the attached patch.
Attachments
ststest.jpg
ststest.jpg (28.22 KiB) Viewed 5131 times
ststest.zip
(227.33 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

yes thats the simplest one

use the button on the side to open panel then choose an sts file

it should play now
YiannisK

Post by YiannisK »

Thanks you very much!
I'm going to try it out right now!! :D
YiannisK

Post by YiannisK »

I loaded a simple pad sts sample patch and I can trigger it but I'm getting a lfo type plaback. I also tried making the modular patch by copping what you did visually and I get the same lfo playback.

There is no lfo so why does it do that? :-?
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

have you tried with some other samplebank?

I can't reproduce your problem.

Only problem i have noticed is that it only plays on midi channel 1.
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

ok for some reason the files have full lfo setting in the sts sample osc you need to go edit them in the sts3000 sampler and remove the lfo all together

then they play ok

its a known bug akai files dont do it if you load them direct but the coverted akai fles do do the dynamics well and just run a full velocity

its a problem with the sts format it does the same if you load a sf2 file direct only the akai does not do it
djmicron

Post by djmicron »

Only problem i have noticed is that it only plays on midi channel 1.
ok, not a problem, the midi channel has to be set on the sts mvc...
YiannisK

Post by YiannisK »

Ok I get it but my sts sample patches play fine on sts3 4 5000
Can you load akai directly to stsosc?

What format cat it load
Sts yes
Sf2?
Akai?

Not at my daw right now to try different formats.
jhulk

Post by jhulk »

sf2 lfo bug yes it plays fine in the sts5000 as it resets it but the sts osc does not as its just the sample osc no panel control for internal lfo settings

akai this plays fine no lfo bug but if you have multi velocity the external conversion software does not convey the velocity properly and its just 100% volume for all key strikes

sts same as sf2 see above

thats why i say you have to edit them in the sts samplers