Envelope for modular

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

JoPo

Envelope for modular

Post by JoPo »

I was surprised to find only modular envelope module with exponential slope which are adjustable in just one direction from linear to exponential (for example on attack)
2.png
2.png (1.7 KiB) Viewed 2689 times
I'd like to have the possibility to set the exponential slope on the 'other side'.
1.png
1.png (2.04 KiB) Viewed 2689 times
I don't know if it is possible as I'm learning at the modular level, not under : the SDK level (unknown land for me)... But if it is (possible), why nobody has thought of it before ?

The perfect one would be like the very nice 'adsrVint fastCW' : the same one but with the possibility to have the same slopes that in the 'Curve Table' module...For the attack, the decay and (last but not least) the release...Separatly, of course! :D
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
jksuperstar

Re: Envelope for modular

Post by jksuperstar »

JoPo, here's some other ways to get something similar:

1.) Use a multi-segment envelope to simulate what you want:
the FreeEnv from here:
http://cwmodular.org/html/multiseg.html
or these:
http://cwmodular.org/html/other.html
(the second module, bottom left corner shows an attack similar to what you are looking for, I think the same can be done for each stage)

2.) Add a delay to the gate signal before the envelope. This delays the start of the envelope, and you can then approximate the attack with a linear response.
(so: delay time + linear slope(with high slope) = estimate of the attack you are looking for).

I know these aren't ideal, and don't have "1 knob to adjust" the setting you are after, but they might get the job done for now, and you can hear roughly what the results would be.
JoPo

Re: Envelope for modular

Post by JoPo »

Thanks, jk !

I already thought of multiseg or drawning envelope... But I'm invalid to draw... And with multi seg, the slop is hard to obtain and not modulable. (Ah ! Yes ! I forgot to say in my wish that a modulable slope would be the ultimate ! And with some kind of view like the adsrVint fastCW !! When one wishes, let's do it fully !)
That's why I post here, in Device/Module Wishlist index... I really think it's missing.
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <