Octave EQ

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

Music Manic

Octave EQ

Post by Music Manic »

Is it possible to have an EQ which is set to work in Octaves. For example, if I set a frequency and its Q and I adjust the parameters, then the Octaves above and below (which can be set to how many) will modify also. Of course there would have to be a relative bias to the Fletcher- Munson curve on how much EQ would change in each octave.

I know this can be done manually, but it's slow and laborious, and having Octaves set would help the sound sculpting become easier.

Thanks
thehe

Re: Octave EQ

Post by thehe »

Music Manic wrote:Is it possible to have an EQ which is set to work in Octaves. For example, if I set a frequency and its Q and I adjust the parameters, then the Octaves above and below (which can be set to how many) will modify also. Of course there would have to be a relative bias to the Fletcher- Munson curve on how much EQ would change in each octave.

I know this can be done manually, but it's slow and laborious, and having Octaves set would help the sound sculpting become easier.

Thanks
sounds cool, tried to do that, but i'm really new and have no idea how to calculate with "higher math"...
the 12th-root of X or the logarithm of...
no idea how to do in SDK.

:) i'll have a try later if it's possible
thehe

Re: Octave EQ

Post by thehe »

Music Manic wrote:Is it possible to have an EQ which is set to work in Octaves. For example, if I set a frequency and its Q and I adjust the parameters, then the Octaves above and below (which can be set to how many) will modify also. Of course there would have to be a relative bias to the Fletcher- Munson curve on how much EQ would change in each octave.

Thanks
sounds cool, tried to do that, but i'm really new and have no idea how to calculate with "higher math"...
the 12th-root of X or the logarithm of...
no idea how to do in SDK.

:) i'll have a try later if it's possible