Multiband Gate

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

dante

Multiband Gate

Post by dante »

Like the one Reason is getting

http://www.propellerheads.se/reason6/in ... =alligator

Coz Glitching on Scope takes a bit of work right now & I'm lazy :lol:
thehe

Re: Multiband Gate

Post by thehe »

wouln't it be cooler just a tempo-synced 16-step (or something) splitter?

i mean:
this thing there is just a 3-way-splitter, triggered from patterns or manual, all the things behind the "gate" is just insert-effect and EQ?

get what i mean?

greetings,
robin
dante

Post by dante »

I dont think its the splitter thats triggered, its the gates on each band after the split that are triggered.

Whatever it does, its cool, and would be great to have inside Scope rather than just the stuff inside Reason.
thehe

Post by thehe »

dante wrote:I dont think its the splitter thats triggered, its the gates on each band after the split that are triggered.

Whatever it does, its cool, and would be great to have inside Scope rather than just the stuff inside Reason.
ah some misunderstanding here - for me (and i'm not academic audio or something) a gate a "audio switch" mostly triggered by volume or an external cv...

in my mind just pops an electrotechnical "element" - a muxer (multiplexer) (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiplexer - link in german but the GIF-animation on upper-right says what i mean)

if you imagine to take only the MUX-side without demux and combine that with N-channels - the "rotary-switch position" triggered by an 16-step-sequencer or any other pattern generator you have what you want? not just 2 or three or four...
If you put in - for example - the aux-rack or any other insert thing after the "muxed output" and mix them together after, you'll totally have this behaviour.

i will play around now a little bit - maybe a midi-keyboard-controlled "gate" thing will be cool for the first step :)
dante

Post by dante »

Also, I think the gates are 'filtered' gates - eg not just on / off but chopping out a bandwidth from the signal rather than all of it.