Ipad to control scope

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

breitner

Ipad to control scope

Post by breitner »

Any ipad wizards out there? As a scope user I have been looking at the ipad as a possible controller. There are already apps that work via a wifi midi driver. In fact I am controlling my Cubase remotely using the ipad (Cubase Ic). Also, there is a configurable midi controller app (Midi touch) that looks very interesting. Two questions:
- anyone having experience with this app?
- could the ipad become the ideal user configurable scope controller interface? Requires marrying a scope wizard with an ipad app wizard.

Do share your thoughts, this could become really exciting!
siriusbliss

Re: Ipad to control scope

Post by siriusbliss »

I'm by no means a wizard, but I figure if you use something like MIDI-OX to turn the incoming 'raw' MIDI from iPad into CC information, then it might actually work.

I haven't had time to test it myself (holiday travel and project commitments).

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
astroman

Post by astroman »

no wiz either, but some apps made me think almost the same (mentioned in some threads...)
Unfortunately they have a more than filled up schedule already at Sonic Core and so might not consider this top priority.
Yet it's probably the most effective way to extend the GUI and a wireless control would come handy anyway.
But I would clearly vote against MIDI (as it just cannot handle the amount of data the touch interface generates).
The Korg apps (on iPad) are great performers (internal, numerical control similiar to Scope's way), but almost every midi app fails sooner or later (unless you treat it like a pet...) :D
Not sure if midi itself or the WLan stuff gets in the way, but imho it's completely unreliable.

cheers, Tom
dawman

Post by dawman »

Here's a great OSC app where a Brotha' of mine is working out various Orchestral Instruments and Kontakt 4.2.
http://hexler.net/software/touchosc
Right now we are working out an exclusive version for the Strings I use.
If it works on my sons iPad I will buy the new one, and bribe him to make one for Scope.

Here's the articulations and Instrument Banks all controllable by OSC running parallel w/ MIDI, and being controlled by the touchscreen.
I haven't tried it yet, but it would great to have this in the dark stages I work on.
Just a touch of a button or 3 finger tap for great combinations of layered strings....
lass_articeditor_956.JPG