Improving the MRC

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

David

Improving the MRC

Post by David »

Applications like SynthMaker enable the creation of a graphical front end to the modular project and with Scope modulars MRC we've had the beginings of the something similar since mod3.

The functionality of the MRC is currently lacking but it's there and could be really good if it was so limiting.

It would be good to be able to increase the amount of controllers and their location so that they grouped according to the backround image to enable nice/functional layout designs.

Is it possible to also expand the functions of the modular MRC to include a few extra controllers eg. switches (momentary and latching) and to also give a few different designs on the knobs, eg a slider instead of just the rotary knobs which are on offer?

It would be a good feature to enable us to design our own knobs/switches for use in this environment but I guess this might be a wish too far but I do see this design option available in other modular building apps

Another handy feature would be to be abilty to group controllers together eg, to control 2 switches to make them behave like a douple pole double throw switch or to control a group of knobs/sliders with one midi cc

Can someone let me know if it is possible to address these additions through the SDK or is this a request I need to make to S|C

Cheers
Approximate reading time: 1 minute