project analyser

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

Tau

project analyser

Post by Tau »

This is not exactly a Scope device request, but here's an idea:

I would like to have some program that could open a project file and output what modules (and, if possible, what presets) were used in it. It would be like opening a project without actually loading the devices, thus bypassing problems with transferred device keys, v.4 projects vs v5 etc.

All that is necessary is a simple text output, but, of course, having a picture of the routing window / livebar wouldn't hurt…
Tau

Re: project analyser

Post by Tau »

Well, maybe I have need that nobody else does, or maybe you all figured out something I'm missing. Or maybe, I'm just not explaining my idea very well. Let's see:

Simplest case, is opening a v.5 project from the PCIs, say a mix of a song, including mixer, FX, inserts, synths, ASIOs, Master FX, the works. When opening in XITE, there are a lot of errors about incorrect hardware modules and stuff, and it takes a long time to get past the optimizations issue and get the project working again. Most of the time, I just note down what shows up, and rebuild the project. BTW, when Scope is "offline" (eg. while optimizing, or not being able to do so), saving patches and preset files doesn't seem to work very well: yesterday, I salvaged 5 or 6 UKnow patches from old projects, only to find that they were saved with all parameters zeroed.

Now, when opening a v4 / v4.5 project from the PCIs on XITE, the process is more or less the same, but generally worse, and sometimes loading is impossible. I still have my old v.4.5 system, but since I transferred some devices to the XITE, I get stuck in the registration loop for a long time, and most of the times, I can't even see what synths or what routing was used.

A means to inspect and analyse a project file in order to know at least what devices and presets were used would be extremely helpful for me, this way I could re-assemble at least the sound generating part of the songs (synths and patches), as I have all the presets saved, even for the mixers.

Is this something a 3rd party could do, or is it only possible for the people at S|C?

Still, if you have found a good way to import / convert projects from V4/4.5 or 5PCI to v.5 XITE, please let me know.

Cheers all, and happy 11th, Z!

T
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

uh, interesting thing...
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

I think only S|C can design such tools ... or ?