Triggered gate

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

JoPo

Triggered gate

Post by JoPo »

Hi...

I'm looking for a configurable triggered gate. Something like a gate triggered by an LFO. I know some trance gate plugins (but not for Scope) but they are always synchronyzed, I'd like to find one with and mainly without sync. To open and close the audio at a midi configurable frequency. If you know such a device for Scope, it would be the best but if you know such one for VST, I'll take it also !

Thanks !
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
pollux

Re: Triggered gate

Post by pollux »

there is DAS SC Gate, basically a gate with a sidechain input.
It will do what you are looking for as long as you send the right signal to the sc input :)
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Thanks... I look for a gate where it would not need of any input signal to cut simply and put back the sound to an adjustable frequency...An LFO instead would be the thing I'm looking for. There is a lot of sidechain gates for free, I don't need a complicated one and if it's free, that would not disturb me... I don't remember the name of such an effect (like I'm looking for) but I knew one long time ago in a cakewalk bundle effects, it was a directX one and I lost it...
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Yep ! I found back the name : chopper or gapper... I found some for VST, now, I need the same for scope...

That must not be very complicated to make such a device... Of course, there is the tremolo FX in scope but it's too basic...
I put a good free vst one to show the way I imagine it... Smoothing the square LFO would be a good thing, for begining. An adjustable pulsewidth would be a nice continuation. The inv R channel should not be given up...

So... For chrismas, I'd like the same one than in the zip file but with some differents LFO curves and of course for scope..._______________________________________________________________________________________________ :D

Thanks you, father chrismas...
Attachments
skidder_win.zip
(67.28 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

JoPo

Post by JoPo »

I thought I could do something with extrem cut pro but it is not possible to modulate the amp with the LFO, one might modulate only the filter. And the MGC-6 is a kind of midi gate with fx slot, is n't it ? I'm looking for a LFO gate...

I think I gonna make it with the modular...
dawman

Post by dawman »

Here's your daily bread.
Notice the Sidechain windows of the DAS Gate.
I can route them seperately to any outs in the Routing Window.
I have the 3LFO Device as a choice. I can send 2 signals seperately to the left and right, for example Triangle to the left, and Sine/Square/Saw/Random to the right.
I don't use it this way but the routing possibilities of a SpaceF mixer with the DAS Gate in an AUX is just insanely limitless for key'd filtered options, or whatever you want.
I read the Rich text document in the VST you showed us, and I am pretty sure this will do what you need and then thousands of other neat tricks.
I use 2 LFO's simultaneously for circular Pans. The filter that is built in on each channel must be engaged for the device to work, but I usually have the LP as a choice and the Cf wide open. This way I get the signal transparent.
What's really cool is 2 mono channels for circular pans. Left channel has a Sine w/ a BPFilter, the right w/ a Saw and the LPFilter. It seems to go from front to back w/ the BPF or HPF, and the LPF is the summed side to side action. All automatable through Medhis dual MIDI channel design. CC controls and PrgChng messages can do incredible automations. It even has mute presets and Kill Solo option presets. It's really off the map.
I use the Gate to sidechain many different combinations of instruments live or for recording, but mostly for clipping the effects tails. When I use a Fender Rhodes I am real picky about the effects. Plate X is an excellent reverb and once I get the depth and amounts I like, I can clip the tails w/ precision. This gate is as good as the Drawmer Quad I had. That was about 600 bucks when I bought it too. And it can't possibly do what the DAS Gate can do.
untitled.JPG
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Thanks !

I'm trying to do the gapper with the modular... The thing I've done is almost what I wished. But I'm not very experimented with the modular. I know that you have much more experience thant me with it. I'm looking for a module wich could smooth a square LFO signal, something you may adjust the time for the signal to reach min to max and max to min value with the square LFO at the input... Do you know this module ? I'm pretty sure it's in the modular...

Thank you again ! You're allways here to help !
dawman

Post by dawman »

I am a novice, but my ears have decades of experience with top shelf hardware, so I know what I want to hear, getting it there is a little more tricky.
Perhaps the Control Smoother I mentioned in another similar thread you started.
It is for shaping control signals, not audio though.

Strength through Modular Synthesis.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

I've found it ! It's simply the Flexor 1.5 control smoother...

Many thanks !
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

I made this...

It is something like an autopan with more settings...
I made it before modIV...

I put some text bars to explain the mainly settings to play with it.
It is really basic ! But usefull for playing with pan.
Flexor 1.5 is needed, I didn't find any native smooth module.
Attachments
Gapper_JoPo.rar
(747.13 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
gapper.jpg
gapper.jpg (303.43 KiB) Viewed 3535 times
dawman

Post by dawman »

Ladies & Gentlemen.........................JoPo.
Thanks I will be messing with Modular tommorow.