Smother...

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

JoPo

Smother...

Post by JoPo »

Hi... It's for a wish...
Sometimes, for example, with a midi controled filter cutoff, one can hear the step when going by midi control event to another. Especialy with some device like minimax or else... I know that I may set the modulation range in the midi controler settings but it is not really convenient : with this, you cannot go thru the entire range. The idea would be to have a smothing module, a bit like the tag parameter in some synth wich makes a slope between 2 midi controler event, of course the time of the tag parameter would be adjustable..!
Yes ! A module with the time between 2 midi control events adjustable ! That's it !
I know that the knobs in scope have a much more precise resolution scale than 128 points, even if they display 0 to 127 points. I believe the scale is 1/1280 by step, is n't it ? It makes 10 points between 2 midi control event... Not bad !

Maybe it allready exists ? If it does, where is it, please ?

Thanks...

JoPo
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
sharc

Re: Smother...

Post by sharc »

It's possible to get response to incoming 14-bit MIDI control (Pitch bend, CC, NRPN, etc.) in Scope giving you a range of 0-16383 instead of 0-127. BC Modular contains modules for this.

As for controlling other Scope devices at that higher resolution of MIDI control - It might be possible in some cases, but not without modification of the device using SDK, so that rules out most commercial Scope devices. IIRC Wolf's mixer supports some assignable 14-bit control through pitch bend messages though.

It's also possible to 'smooth' the MIDI CC so that incoming messages make smaller steps on value change (ie. 1-4-9-15 becomes 1,2,3,4....15) but this obviously introduces more latency in response time depending on the amount of smoothing, but it will work with all Scope devices. I think SpaceF has made a device for this.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Wow ! Just ... great !

And I've got a BCF2000 ! Everything is perfect ! It seems that with your modules, modular may send midi controlers events outside !!! I never could to do so before ! And it's not because I did n't try !

Thanks !

Now, I gonna try all those great things................ I shall not miss to go back to you with some questions !
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

I asked SC support about something like a smoother and I put here what Ralf answered to me :

" inside Scope we have it already. We call it Parameter.
Each Parameter is unique and is using 32 Bit resolution.
It´s used to store Presets.

We want to change the controller interface because we know
that this MIDI implementation is not fine enough.

Anyway most steps are smoothed by DSP modules.

We should add at least 14 bit MIDI. "

The nice thing is that they want to change the "not fine enough midi implementation" ! To me, it's a pretty good news... I didn't know it was planned. I guess they have much things to do with scope 5 and xite release but I just have to wait, now..
And it is an another good thing to see that they have the honesty to say so.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Yeah, the old Creamware guys let the whole controller issue fall off the cliff many years ago.
Glad to hear that 'the gents' are looking into finally updating this integration.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

+ 1000 if it's about having real stable 14bit midi flows through all connected modules inside/outside (when available) the platform.
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Yes, I really look forward to see that released ! It is (soon was !) a big misses..