Full automation

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

nova express

Full automation

Post by nova express »

I'm a creamware users since the beginning ( old nickname spiderman ) and there is no real full automation yet.
This side of the software need to be re-think completly imho .
always in sfp3.1 and don't feel the need to change... if something new happen conserning the automation i'll be the first to buy the V6
at time I was thinking about a kind of midi event sequencer embbeded in the VDAT to manage the stm mixer automation .
maybe it's a wrong idea ?
siriusbliss

Re: Full automation

Post by siriusbliss »

Hi <former> Spiderman :)

Yes, I guess unfortunately you'll have to wait for Scope 6. (although Scope 5 is great).

It's another one of those old conversations that crop up every once in a while - going way back. Creamware dropped it along the way, and now S/C will have to get this going at some point.
So, what protocol would they use to get the resolution? OSC? Euphonix? And how would they change the GUI stream to make faders and knobs move?
All questions I'm sure S/C is considering - but obviously lower priority than PCIe, 64-bit, OSX, etc.

For now I'm automating via MMC from Yamaha 01 mixer into Samplitude or Live and leaving Scope as standalone, which works fine - just that you won't see the faders and knobs move in Scope :(

Perhaps sooner than V6?

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

I'd say this is probably a close to correct assumption in current development trajectory....which would also include reintegration of XTC and VDAT, then probably other goodies like 64-bit drivers...then onto all the other items mentioned.

Additionally behind-the-scenes, more business oriented possibilities for Xite as a DSP development platform for other developers.

Then perhaps some smaller scaled-down products.

So...betwixt and between all that would be Scope upgrades and feature-sets that COULD include some sort of automation protocol - if it's non-MIDI, then as mentioned AFAIK that currently might involve something like OSC or Euphonix.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
nova express

Post by nova express »

ok thanx so i'll wait for the V6 !!!