audio to midi converter?

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

sinnapunk

audio to midi converter?

Post by sinnapunk »

Have anybody done that?

It had been real cool to "master" synths with vocal, guitar or any other audio sound.

Or is this on the marked?

~out

Batman says: be cool, stay in school
Neutron

Re: audio to midi converter?

Post by Neutron »

there are a lot of software that do that, but they seem to always output too many glitches and strange noise. unless you can input a perfect note, like what you would get from playing a synth with a keyboard :D
sinnapunk

Post by sinnapunk »

right. I've got to as VST to Nuendo; one freeware that really sux, and the otherone costs about $60, called Widi Audio to midi: it's polyphonic and works great. Tho thw widi produces some overharmics, but that's easy peasy squeeesy edit, and your all set.

But now to the point: ;)
The VST in Nuendo will be dealyed, so I would like a Audio to Midi for Scope to get it closer to realtime..

Else I have to by a roland device... just have to play som lottery ;)

Have a good weekend :)
borg

Post by borg »

zing is a 'vocal synth' by alfonso. you'll need Mod3 and flexor for this patch, though.

I used it once with an oboe going through and it sounded great...

gu2sy is an mccy device. I got some crazy sounds out of this one, but not really what was expected...

I know these devices don't ouput midi, but especially Zing can do great sounds...
andy
the lunatics are in the hall