Tempo synced LFO to sequencer

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

Music Manic

Tempo synced LFO to sequencer

Post by Music Manic »

Is there a device that will allow me to sync to the sequencer (e.g.Cubase)
so all LFO treatment is in time.

For example if I wanted 4beat amplitude pulses I would just type in 4/4 and use a sine wave.

Thanks
Neutron

Re: Tempo synced LFO to sequencer

Post by Neutron »

What do you want to output it to? theres quite a few synths and modules that do that. or you can use something like sb404 to make a bit more complex wave.
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

Neutron wrote:What do you want to output it to? theres quite a few synths and modules that do that. or you can use something like sb404 to make a bit more complex wave.
Well if I have an audio pad,for instance, I would like the LFO to affect the gate or filter so to speak.

Thanks
at0m

Post by at0m »

Use Flexor's Ramp. It can be triggered, and if you want, record it to a track and send that out again. Then, in a modular shell, load ValMonitor and assign a MIDI Controller to it. Then Merge the MIDI output of that patch with the Sequencer Source or whatever feeding the device you want to control.. Set the patch to the same MIDI Channel. Assign the same Controller to the control knob you want modulated in sync.

If you want a dozen LFO's to run sync, use shapers to give Ramp the shape you want: use Ramp Divider to multiply the frequency, change it to saw/sine/whatever, be creative. Hook up Multi Val and assign a controller to each slider. Merge patches output after Alfonso's ChaCha (Channel Changer) with Seq Source, assign relevant controller to modulation destination.

But then again, this is nothing new ;)
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

Much appreciated.
Thanks