SEQUENCER

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

Rebu

SEQUENCER

Post by Rebu »

:cry: New DAW based on scope dsp :cry:
Neutron

Re: SEQUENCER

Post by Neutron »

many functions of a sequencer such as midi processing, file handling and graphics display are better off left on the CPU.
Rebu

Post by Rebu »

For now i work with Cubase but i try Reaper and i'm really impressed :o , Great seq. i think is my next daw :)

[many functions of a sequencer such as midi processing, file handling and graphics display are better off left on the CPU.]

..maybe, but if i write where Scope need improvment to go to next level i write this:

1- Stability (now i work fine but freeze problem not solved 100%)
2- Internal Seq.
3- Better support

IMO

P.S. maybe it's idea for another post: Write 3 area where you think scope need improvment to go to next level
P.P.S. sorry for English
astroman

Post by astroman »

there can never be an 'internal' sequencer because DSPs cannot handle file IO and all that stuff.
Btw half of Scope is running on the CPU anyway ;)

cheers, Tom
Rebu

Post by Rebu »

stardust wrote:In other words:
Also ProTools has 'only' a native sequencer integrated with the DSP cards functions.

I assume thats what was meant :)
Yes BINGO!! ..but only a dream :cry:
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

I own Cubase SX3: it's lot of work to really get proper hardware integration working into it. Only a small few devices are referenced in Midi machines. For the others you have that are not listed in stock presets, you're up for some painful Sysex programming!
I don't know about Cubase 4 however. I only heard rumours it's no better in 4.0.0 than in SX3.