Prophet-5 clone

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

Shroomz~>

Prophet-5 clone

Post by Shroomz~> »

The ideas just keep coming!! I'm on fire... Yeah!!
pollux

Re: Prophet-5 clone

Post by pollux »

don't know what kinda shroomz you've been taking lately, but I want the same ones :lol:
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Wait till you see my hardware design for a new musical instrument. It's an electronic instrument which creates electrical signals which are then amplified through a loudspeaker or set of headphones. It will be capable of producing a variety of sounds by generating and combining signals of different frequencies. The user will be able to press hinged paddles which function as a switch to turn electronic circuits on and off to start & stop the sound generation. It's the future of music I tell you!! I'm thinking about calling it 'The Synthesizer'.

Mark
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

Settle down now thats crazy talk!
pollux

Post by pollux »

Shroomz~> wrote:Wait till you see my hardware design for a new musical instrument. It's an electronic instrument which creates electrical signals which are then amplified through a loudspeaker or set of headphones. It will be capable of producing a variety of sounds by generating and combining signals of different frequencies. The user will be able to press hinged paddles which function as a switch to turn electronic circuits on and off to start & stop the sound generation. It's the future of music I tell you!! I'm thinking about calling it 'The Synthesizer'.

Mark

you mean producing sounds without vibrating strings, nor wind blowing through a pipe? No resonance chamber?
WOW! Yet have to see it to believe it...

hold on.. what about making a string vibrate in front of some kind of captor that could translate it into an electric signal that can then be amplified? that would rock for sure!
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

stardust wrote:Mark have you thought about some mechanics to put it on stage ? Like a kind of stand...yes stand
Yes, I was some thinking about something along the lines of an OAP's zimmer frame like the one below, but maybe with wheels so that you can run around the stage with it.
Attachments
Zimmer.jpg
Zimmer.jpg (40.79 KiB) Viewed 3583 times
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

pollux wrote:hold on.. what about making a string vibrate in front of some kind of captor that could translate it into an electric signal that can then be amplified? that would rock for sure!
That could work !! I could attach that to or build it into the zimmer frame...

We're cooking with gas. I think the sharing of ideas like this could herald a new dawn...
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

pollux wrote:hold on.. what about making a string vibrate in front of some kind of captor that could translate it into an electric signal that can then be amplified? that would rock for sure!
It might be interesting if the strings were made of coiled metal wire rather than string !!!
metele

Post by metele »

you guys have been way too long deep there.. :roll:
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

One more idea would be ... something like this then ... hey ?

http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... 33&t=20366

CheerZ