multi input spectrum analyzer

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

pollux

multi input spectrum analyzer

Post by pollux »

Something like this :D

Cheers!!
Shroomz~>

Re: multi input spectrum analyzer

Post by Shroomz~> »

Do you mean for our current cards? I think it would be a waste of dsp power. It would be cool on XITE-1 though. :)

Btw, the plugin only costs 89 euro.

Mark
pollux

Post by pollux »

Shroomz~> wrote:Do you mean for our current cards? I think it would be a waste of dsp power. It would be cool on XITE-1 though. :)

Btw, the plugin only costs 89 euro.

Mark

yes, the plugin is not expensive, and building it like that in scope will indeed take some dsp power.. but maybe something simpler, like 4 spectrum analyzers with different colors in the same "window" would be very useful. (like for fine tuning eq between bass drum and bass, guitars and voice, snare and cymbals, etc)

In my case, I have my audio tracks in reaper, send them all via ASIO to SFP, do all processing (comp, eq, verb, etc) and summing there, to finally go back with busses and rec out to reaper to record the results...

to use this plugin as VST I can either have the source tracks routed to it, but cannot see how my EQ changes the spectrum relationships between them, or otherwise have my mixer's direct outs send to ASIO dests, routed to new tracks in reaper, and then routed to the plugin in order to see changes introduced by my fx..

so it would consume some DSP in one hand, but also save pci bandwidth on the other
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Yeah, something simple & as low on dsp usage as possible with 4 channels would be pretty damn handy. :)