the VHS1 as a device!

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

kensuguro

Re: the VHS1 as a device!

Post by kensuguro »

awesome looks great!
voidar

Post by voidar »

Been a bit delay on this one. I mean, it's basically finished, but I want to do some more work on it. Please use the modular version in the mean time ;)..

I might also want to improve on the devices circuit.
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

cool! take your time! i'm sure it will be done before the release of the xite... :D
metele

Post by metele »

cheers, can i ask how are you going with this? :)
voidar

Post by voidar »

Ok,

Here is a beta version. Maybe you could give me some feedback. I want to modify the circuit somewhat to make AC hum more random etc. Also I need to figure out the GUI.

You can get a lot more noise from this than just a VHS type of noise.

Should save in project. Presets don't work yet.
Attachments
VHS-1 Beta.rar
(547.18 KiB) Downloaded 273 times
metele

Post by metele »

thank you,

it works great. nothing to add really, maybe adjustin some pitchin/flutterin anomalities would be nice.. with real vhs besides that pitch is making that waving (which is emulated great indeed) happens some random occassionally stretches and fluttering (somebody might mention this allready). basicly thats only thing im missing here when compared to real thing, just something that could made it even more authentic.

said that, this device is just crazy good and very 80´s sounding.. makes perfect combination with many of DCO-synths. thank you so much!
voidar

Post by voidar »

Yes, it definitely could need some more work to make it close to perfect. I can't say now when I will have time to continue some actual work. Up to now it has mainly been GUI and recreating the modular patch with SDK atoms. Some of the filters and EQ sound differnt too in SDK and could need some more tweaks.

Perhaps if someone would be interested in continuing developement, I could share the project.