Simple sample player

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

chriskorff

Simple sample player

Post by chriskorff »

Hello all,

I require a very sample player. I've seen the 8-channel one by Wolf (I think it was), and it would have been perfect if it had allowed me to simple amplitude modulation via velocity... basically I want something for drum samples with individual outs... but! I like to play with note endings when I'm triggering drum samples, which Wolf's allowed for quite nicely. The only thing it didn't do was allow you to trigger samples quietly or loudly depending on their velocity. Ideally, a cheeky low-pass filter that was also modulated by velocity would be nice, but that isn't necessary. Does this exist anywhere?

Cheers!

Chris
Shroomz~>

Re: Simple sample player

Post by Shroomz~> »

Did you check out Wave-5, Wave-8 or Wave-10 by SpaceF ?? They were sample players that played mono 16-bit wave files. I can't seem to find them on Mehdi's website, but he probably still has them available.

Then there were the simple Akai sample players that MCCY made. They could load whole Akai patches. One of them had 4 sample players in one device. Don't think they're still available to download, but they'd be easy enough to get a hold of.

Mark
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

I found this preview screenshot of Spacef's Wave 10...

spacef

Post by spacef »

Shroomz~> wrote:Did you check out Wave-5, Wave-8 or Wave-10 by SpaceF ?? They were sample players that played mono 16-bit wave files. I can't seem to find them on Mehdi's website, but he probably still has them available.

Then there were the simple Akai sample players that MCCY made. They could load whole Akai patches. One of them had 4 sample players in one device. Don't think they're still available to download, but they'd be easy enough to get a hold of.

Mark
it's BlackBox II stuff though....
http://www.spacef-devices.com/BlackBox/ ... AMESET.htm
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

Is there a simple wav player sampler which can be made to modulate sample start position? i haven't use scope samplers much for a long time. i prefer to do that in the host. scope sounds better though.
spacef

Post by spacef »

nope... only the STS samplers can do it at this moment, in scope.
finfreluchette

Post by finfreluchette »

Spacef website is offline.
Links are dead :cry:

Is there another url where i could download Wave 10 ?

Thanks you in advance !