MIDI "control room" or enhanced filter [found them]

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

pollux

MIDI "control room" or enhanced filter [found them]

Post by pollux »

Hi,

I use a controller surface with Wolf's mixer, but I would like to use it at the same time to control some sequencer functions (scrub using the jog wheel for example).

I tried setting up individually each desired control both sides (sequencer and mixer), but it's nightmarish, and if ever two controls overlap, the surface becomes crazy..

What could be useful to have in such case is either kinda "control room" where you can choose which input to send to which output by clicking a button, or some extended midi filter where one can setup specific note numbers or ccs to either block or allow...

In the first case, the flick of a switch changes the midi signal path (pos 1 connects midi hw i/o to mixer i/o, pos 2 connects midi hw i/o to seq i/o and so... the toggle could be controlled by a button on the controller surface for example)

Is it possible to do any of these solutions?

Cheers!

Raul

edit:
I found this midi switch. Thank you Shayne White!!
Wolf's Midi Toolbox has a filtering tool that can either filter in or out the desired messages.