New Notepad

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

New Notepad

Post by dawman »

I could really use a new notepad that can be expanded w/o destroying previosly documented texts.One designed for preset list numbers and explantaions.In this way I can help memorise the large amount of controls I am embarking on using. And hopefully this notepad can be used more than once as I have a need for many of them. One for the project preset list, FP106C Load Insert Presets, etc. I am creating a live nightmare and this time around I wish to do it right.

Below is a crude example of my needs. Fancy Shroomz/MCCY GUI's are more than welcome. I find that the bright colors on the edges w/ white insides show up great on the LCD's while onstage.

Take our current notepad and write some text in it. Then open it up and try to expand....whoa,...that's lame. Try to add more text after spending 30 minutes writing 40+ presets and explamtaions of their uses. Re Open it and expand...................Mi Estas Matondo Pinchy Way !! ( !@#$%!^& ).

Thank You.
chriskorff

Re: New Notepad

Post by chriskorff »

Now, I may be missing something here, but...

Have you tried Wordpad? As distinct from Notepad?
dawman

Post by dawman »

You bethcha, That's a last resort.

I need something that can be recalled inside of the project.

opened by a single click or CC.

A preset list w/ editable explanations. The reason is that so many controls can be automated and will be added constantly.

I did this last year and w/o proper updating it's a real nightmare.
ChampionSound

Post by ChampionSound »

Agreed,

I often use a notepad inside a large scope project to describe certain settings of my external hardware which are used within this project. I really hate the fact that you can't use a Hard Return to go directly to the next line below. Now I just hold down the spacebar untill I'm on the next line. But if I resize the notepad window then, all settings are screwed up again. Isn't there an easier way? Of course I could use the Windows notepad, but too bad if it couldn't be integrated inside the project itself...
dawman

Post by dawman »

I remembered Wolf's Note Pad and thought I would check it out again. Long time back it didn't have the size or space I needed, but then again I was so green, I was unaware that loading many was another option.

This Note pad works just like we want it to.

2 different colors and also customisable, but not expandable.

No Problemos, I have what I need, and as the songlists, presets, project snapshot presets, and load state presets are created, I can always add more.

They conveniently store in multiples of 16 similar to our current train of thought w/ MIDI.

http://wolf-audio.com/wad/freebies/Entr ... notes.html

He obviously doesn't like closing projects either. :D
Lima

Post by Lima »

I remember some OLD notepad devices (I can't find them anymore here on the Z, anyone have it anymore?):
One was a simple notepad with a moon as background. The other was a notepad intended to be used for reconding sessions. It's name should be "session notes".

I don't know if they work for you, I'll search in my archives so I can post here... I hope to find them! :-)
Welcome to the dawning of a new empire
dawman

Post by dawman »

Coolness..............

I have Session Notes from Wolf that's used w/ the VRC and VDAT. It's stereo in out Motepad w/ feedabck, quite cool actually, but again not expandable.
spacef

Post by spacef »

Lima wrote:I remember some OLD notepad devices (I can't find them anymore here on the Z, anyone have it anymore?):
One was a simple notepad with a moon as background. The other was a notepad intended to be used for reconding sessions. It's name should be "session notes".

I don't know if they work for you, I'll search in my archives so I can post here... I hope to find them! :-)
A few can still be found in the BlackBox, but the small ones you talked about first, i didn't redo them because of the preset list (it was old scope format).
You can PM them to your friends if you want , no problem, but i do not think they are better than wolf's pads.
But I wouldn't appreciate to see them reloaded publicly, because I think they are outdated and that there are better stuff now. that's the only reason . Thanks for understanding.
Lima

Post by Lima »

Hi Spacef, understood. Don't worry about that because I can't find them ATM. But if I'll find them (and someone ask me to send), I'll send you a PM before emailing it to him.

Cheers! :-)
Welcome to the dawning of a new empire