Parallel compressor insert - comp with wet/dry mix?

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

chriskorff

Parallel compressor insert - comp with wet/dry mix?

Post by chriskorff »

Does this exist already?

I'm aware of the latency calculator, but it seems like a slightly long-winded way of doing things...

PS I've had a quick search here but not found anything that does this (there is the chance, of course, that I'm just being slow, in which case - if anyone can point me in the direction of something that exists, it would be much appreciated!)

Cheers,

Chris

PS Did I mention a linear-phase crossover plug-in, a bit like the 3-band FreqSplitter x-over with inserts for each band that I downloaded a while ago, but whom I neglected to thank? That plug-in is absolutely excellent.

[edit] PPS: I've tried nudging the delay of a channel I want to parallel compress manually in the STM2448, but that nudges the aux send as well (which is where I insert the compressor), thus completely defeating the point.
Jah Servant

Post by Jah Servant »

I just built a parallel compressor today actually, maybe I'll post it soon. I had also made a device with 3 bands for you to insert compressors, with delay for the direct signal to compensate. It's like a parallel compression insert mixer.

I think what you have to do in scope though is to make 2 signals from the one coming into your mixer, route one to a mixer channel then the other to a second channel to compress, of course, you have to do any other processing on both channels. Then you can delay the direct channel alone.