BPM LED Metronome

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

BPM LED Metronome

Post by dawman »

I use to practice in the dark to a blinking red LED Metronome.

It was very beneficial since the sound of a beat is unecessary. It is always better to feel or see the tempo when playing solo.

But I would die for a BPM device that would blink on the chosen sub-division or quarter note.

Reverb just clutters up synth sounds and so do delays unless you can play " on top " of them.

The notes are still quite audible but you could control the licks and groove better if you could feel or see the BPM.

Jumping right in on the tempo is crucial when staring these licks.

Any takers?
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

What about the monitor delay? That would be a hard one to deal with and it would be slightly out of sync.
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

the computer display, pci bus and all the asyncronous stuff will make it not very accurate.

you could use anything with an input LED or meter. and feed it a signal you can use any simple scope synth or drum thing and feed it MIDI, or just feed something right out of a sequencer if you use one.

or
i could make you a little box you can feed a spare output into with a super bright LED of your choice of color. and even change color on louder blips.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I will cover R & D costs no problemo.

That's a fantastic idea.

Here's why I am in need of one.

Since I perform live and refuse to slave myself to some sequencer app., I must create the delay live and follow the tail. This causes missed notes as I must take my hands off of the controller ( as you will hear ) and try to jump into a groove where many notes and rhythms are being created on the fly.

I wish to view or see an LED pulsating in rhythm where I can play dry patches and then step on a pedal attached to another great invention fropm Canada called the MIDI Solutions FP8.

Listeners will not here the delay until some groove and notes are created. In this way I sneak in the effect and jam hands free !!

What a concept.

I would be willing to help you market this device as well You and I know how synth and gamer freaks love blinking lights in the dark. :D

Here's the groove that I am reffering to.

http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25084
dawman

Post by dawman »

Here's the way my controller looks now.

I will most likely use this with Solaris hardware synth. It's outputs could trigger the display or flashing LED's?
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:Here's the way my controller looks now.

I will most likely use this with Solaris hardware synth. It's outputs could trigger the display or flashing LED's?
any audio could trigger it. as long as its timed how you like.

you gave me an idea. maybe ill make some light like this to practice guitar.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Trust me you will really grow quite fond of it.

Don't get me wrong I love good grooves and drums, and even click tracks as long as they have a splash of verb or ambience on them.

But a dark room w/ a light that you can even see during heavy concentraion, even w/ your eyes closed is a whole new dimension of practicing any instrument or style.