Mono AutoPan

Request a new device/modular module, and hope that some enterprising developer grants your wish!

Moderators: valis, garyb

Music Manic

Mono AutoPan

Post by Music Manic »

Is there a mono autopan for the mono channels?

Thanks
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

So let me get this right. You're looking for a mono insert that's an auto panner? Would you like some sky hooks & tartan paint with that? :D

No, seriously though.. If you've got SpaceF's FP series mixers, I'm quite sure you've already got what you need built in. Beyond that there are several ways of modulating the STM series mixers' panners.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I use the FP's 3LFO device to pan my Rhodes samples.

I never really liked the real satellite's Speaker to speaker pan as it was too extreme, but in the FP's try the 3LFO in a mono, or use 2 different types, 1 for each mono channel panned hard L & R on a stereo synth or sample.

It provides exact needs everytime.

Vertical expansioin of the waveforms is totally unique.

http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24931

The mono version of MIDI Tremolo is worth trying also.
at0m

Post by at0m »

Modular is just perfect for such simple tasks...
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

That's what I was thinking as well. You could modulate an STM series mixer pan pot from modular.
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

Can the panning be synced to tempo?
spacef

Post by spacef »

The Pan of the FP mixers allow midi remote controlling at its best and is actually faster and more precise than audio rate modulation in this particular case.
For audio rate modulation, you will reach much better results using filters or GainSat for panning ( much faster and precise than modulating the pan itself).
I understand that it is for mono channels though, and for the moment you can only use Midi CC (pros and cons, but pros are that they are much more flexible than any audio rate modulation in terms of edition in your sequencer, copy/paste, fine tune of curves etc). It is already smoothed inside, so you are out of the 127 steps limit and without zipping.
For scope I am actually developping a different panner but let me tell you that it takes its toll in terms of ressources (sync and async). It is quite long to do for precision on audio rate modulation (because of zipping for example). the sdk pans are not really useable for this.